-2: Curiosities-

I had only been with the Autobots for a short time, and I already felt like I was at home with a true family. Yet there was one mech that I just couldn't figure out. Ratchet, the Autobot medic. He intrigued me for some reason, and often I would find myself working alongside him on various projects.

"Ratchet, may I ask you something?" I said, catching his attention.

"That would depend. What is it?" He responded, those beautiful aqua colored optics looking up at me.

"What's your story?"

"My... my what?"

"Your story, everyone has one." Ratchet seemed surprised by my curiosity.

"Well, I've always been a doctor even before the war, nothing special. Sure, I have some combat experiences, but I was never fond of fighting."

"A healer to the core. I can respect that." Ratchet almost seemed to blush at my comment.

'Oh, Primus have mercy. I am not about to do this again.' I scolded myself.

"What about you?" He suddenly asked, catching me off guard.

"Hm?"

"You are part of the Valkyrie. A class of femme warriors that is almost mythical in nature." He said. "I am... curious about them."

"Well, I can tell you that the Valkyrie Sisterhood is a very difficult thing to survive in."

"Survive?"

"Yes, hundreds of bots sign up, but only a very small handful survive the process." I said, my wings stretching a little. "We undergo serious modifications to our frames that the majority either can not survive and thus back out, or they go offline during the process. I wasn't always like this." I said, leaning off to the side against a wall. "Believe it or not, I was once a Pit fighter. I wasn't a super skilled one, but I could take down a fair number of opponents. Then I heard of the Valkyrie. So I left, and I've followed that path ever since. All I've known my entire life was war and battle. The Valkyrie taught me discipline and healing." I then smiled to myself a bit. "I guess you could say they saved me from the Pits."

"Were you always a gladiator?"

"No, before that, I was... not the greatest of bots." I sighed, hugging myself. "I was a victim of bot trafficking. Had my T-cog removed and sold on the black market. They wanted to take more from me, but I organized a revolt against our captures. Got the nickname 'Ghostwalker'. For a time, I broke bots out of trafficking rings. Unfortunately, my former capture caught me again and sold me to the Pits."

"You still don't have a T-cog??" Ratchet exclaimed.

"Nope, I never really used it anyway, so it's not that big of a deal." I shrugged.

"A T-cog is essential for Cybertronians!"

"True, but I've adapted to not have one. Sure, I can't exactly sneak about in an alt mode, but I can still kick tailpipe without it." I said, gesturing to my halberd. "But hey, what can ya do?"

"Does anyone else know about this?"

"No one's bothered to ask." Ratchet seemed taken aback by this.

"You should tell Optimus, at least."

"Tell me what, Ratchet?" Optimus's voice asked, the taller mech curiously looking at us.

"It's not important, sir." I said coldly.

"Like slag, it isn't!" Ratchet retorted. "Just tell him, unless you want me to." I paused and then nodded, giving Ratchet permission to spill my secret. "Valkyrie has informed me that she does not have a T-cog." Optimus seemed genuinely shocked by this, something that didn't normally happen to the Prime.

"How -" he started to say before I shook my helm, cutting him off.

"I don't want pity, sir. I can function fine without one." I said, steeling myself against the Prime. To my surprise, he simply nodded.

"I understand, I will make sure you do not receive assignments in populated areas." Optimus said calmly.

'Well, that went better than expected.' I thought.

"Say Ratchet, speaking of assignments, I was wondering if you could help me with something. It's fine if you can't."

"Well, that would depend on what you are asking of me."

"I was hoping you could um... teach me some medical things?" I said sheepishly. "Since I have a feeling I'll be stuck around here most of the time, and it's something I've wanted to explore."

"Well, um, I suppose I can show you a few things." Ratchet said. Out of the corner of my optic, I could see Optimus giving us a small smirk. (A/n: he ships)
--------------------------
"So the memory core is located in the frontal processor unit?" I asked, looking up at the screen displaying a typical Cybertronian processor.

"Correct." Ratchet said. "You are a fairly quick study."

"As part of our training as Valkyrie, we learn fairly basic medical procedures and anatomy. However, I've always been fascinated by the more 'in-depth' sciences." I turned to look over at Ratchet with a small smile. "I really appreciate you doing this." I could see a tint of blue rush to his faceplate as I said this.

'Why is he so adorable?' I thought to myself. There was a sort of stare down between us before Ratchet made a coughing noise that snapped me out of my trance. Now it was my turn to blush, and Primus was it a vicious one. My entire faceplate was as blue as Cybertron's core. I looked away and went back to my studies. My spark raced in my chassis, and internally, I was scolding myself.

'No, you can't do this. Not again.'

"Ratchet, I need you to send Valkyrie out." Optimus said over the comlink. "Lock onto my coordinates. Valkyrie, I need you to be ready for combat."

"Copy that, sir. Heading out." I responded, diving through the ground bridge and out into an open battlefield. Optimus and the others were engaged with vehicons and were very outnumbered. I decided to even the odds and dove head first into combat. I tag teamed several vehicons with Optimus and Arcee, one by one the vehicons falling. I then leaped into the air to avoid blaster fire, barrel rolling and dive bombing the attacker. We wrestled for a while until I actually saw who it was. Pinned underneath me was none other than the one who made me lose it all so long ago.

"S-Starscream?" I gasped in shock at the seeker beneath me.

"My, my Y/D, it's been a long time."
---------------------------
A/n DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN

Edited 27/4/23