A world for you and me

Phayu currently feels as tempestuous as his namesake as he looks over the contracts for not one but four arranged marriages. The fact that the Arch Clan has decided to step in and make this extreme decision really isn't all that shocking. After all, the number of alpha births have been dropping drastically in the last few decades. It is now getting to a point of desperate measures. Phayu knows this well enough, having been the only alpha in the Storm Clan in the last two generations himself. So the decision to mix clans was a prudent one. It would bring in new blood so to speak.

The fact that all four marriages involve the Wynd clan isn't surprising either. The clan had produced an unheard of three Alphas in a single generation: the siblings Prapai, Plerng and Phan. The younger two, Plerng and Phan are going to marry into and become Alphas of the Earth and Fire clans. Both clans have failed to produce an Alpha to take over the recent leadership. Prapai, who would eventually lead the Wynd clan, was to take an Omega from Phayu's own clan.

Even Phayu's own arranged marriage to a young omega of the Wynd clan doesn't bother him. He had taken over the clan at a young age when his grandfather, the previous alpha, had unexpectedly passed away. Phayu has been much too busy since then to look for a mate on his own. The Wynd omega would be as good as any. The only thing Phayu requires is for him to be compliant and obedient, and Phayu will make sure of that.

The problem was who they had chosen to marry with Prapai. Why has Sky been chosen? Sky isn't even technically a member of the Storm clan. The young clanless omega had been found barely alive a few years back and had been taken in by Phayu's family as an honorary member of the clan. Only Phayu knows exactly what the poor boy had gone through at the hands of a group of cruel betas. He had been like a broken thing when the Storm clan had taken him in, but Sky had an inner strength that had helped him survive. Now his life was about to be uprooted again, it wasn't fair to the young omega who had finally been able to make a life for himself at Storm manor.

There is no option to refuse, the Arch Clan's word is as good as law to the five lesser clans of Bangkok. Phayu will however pull Niran, the Alpha of the Wynd clan, aside after the meeting to let him know that if word of any cruelty towards Sky at the hands of his son reaches Phayu's ears there will be hell to pay.

Phayu turns his attention back to his own marriage contract which includes a picture of the omega Rain. "Cute boy, I wonder if you know what sort of person you are marrying," Phayu thinks.

Pai watches Rain packing with a frown. He had seen his brother and sister off to their new clans yesterday and he hadn't been half this worried about them. Although Phan and Plerng were young, they are both strong Alphas and will lead their clans well. Rain however, well is Rain.

Phan calls him a ball of sunshine and it is apt. He hopes the stern leader of the Storm clan won't do anything to darken that light. He had thought of sending a return message to Phayu along the lines of be kind to mine and I will be kind to yours, but Pai doesn't have a heart to be cruel to anyone. He will treat Sky with nothing but kindness no matter what, he doesn't need Phayu's threats for that.

Rain is so absorbed in his packing that he doesn't realize Pai is standing there until he turns. He is so startled that he drops the stack of neatly folded clothes he is holding, causing Pai to shake his head affectionately. He moves forward to help Rain pick up the clothes and refold them. Putting them in Rain's suitcase for him.

"Got everything you need, Raindrop?" Pai asks, calling Rain by his childhood nickname. Rain isn't his brother but in the minds of Pai's entire family he is one of them. He had grown up in their house after his parents were killed in an accident when Rain was three.

Rain turns and frowns at his suitcase. Most of his things have already been shipped to the Storm clan's main estate. "I think so."

"Nervous?" Pai asks him.