Why.

POV: You jump Infront of Daryl taking a bullet for him.

Y/N had always been a brave fighter. She had faced countless dangers and had always come out on top. But nothing could have prepared her for what was about to happen.

She and Daryl had been on a supply run, searching for food and medicine to bring back to camp. They were making their way back through the woods when they heard the sound of gunfire.

Without a second thought, Y/N sprang into action. She leapt in front of Daryl, taking a bullet meant for him.

Daryl was stunned. He had never seen anything like it. He watched in horror as Y/N fell to the ground, blood pooling around her.

He rushed to her side, tears streaming down his face. "No, no, no," he whispered. "Please, don't leave me."

Y/N looked up at him, her eyes filled with pain. "It's ok," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'm not afraid."

Daryl shook his head, his voice choked with emotion. "I can't lose you," he said. "You're my best friend."

Y/N smiled weakly. "I'll always be with you," she said. "In your heart."

And with that, she closed her eyes for the last time.

Daryl sat there, holding her lifeless body in his arms, tears streaming down his face. He couldn't believe that she was gone. He had lost so much already, and now he had lost his best friend.

But as he sat there, something inside him shifted. He knew that he had to keep fighting, to keep going, to honor Y/N memory.

And so he picked himself up, wiped away his tears, and set off back towards camp with Y/N in his arms, determined to make sure that Y/N sacrifice was not in vain.