Result

{Long-Shot}

Drip. Drip.

Ron, a butler, couldn't help but frown upon the sight before him. He had came back and forth in the library more than ten times by now just to monitor his stubborn Young Master.

"Please take a break, Young Master. Your health will worsen if you continue any further." No benign smile ruled over his mouth as it only fell thin. Who would smile in this situation?

"N-not yet. . Mm. . . I need to s-study a bit more, Ron. ." Cale Henituse, the seven-year-old Young Master, did not listen. Even when he couldn't count how much he had a nosebleed over the past week. Even when his health dropped rapidly due to extreme overwork. Even when he felt his body burning from the fever. Even when his father refused to look at his full marked tests.

All because he needed to study more.

He needed to study so that his father would come back to their home. So that he wouldn't be lonely. He needed to study so that he'd see his father smile at him proudly again. He needed to study because he wanted his father to look at him again.

No matter what comes his way, he needed that proud father by his side once more.

But he already left after your mom did, right?

Poor useless, dumb, idiotic child.

That wasn't true, Cale will work hard just to have his father beside him again. Just like the old times.

But this butler was getting in the way.

Always nagging Cale to take a rest. Can't he see that Cale needs to do this? Can't he? Just as he thought that Ron was an understanding and capable butler.

"But Young Mast—"

Cale didn't give the butler any more time to nag at him."I-I said! I need to. . Ngh. . . Study more! . . What c-can you not understand. . About that?!"

Ron was surprised. Surprised that this once innocent child beared his fangs at him. Cale truly looked intimidating with that piercing glare.

But Cale also looked pitiful in Ron's eyes. The Young Master continued to stubbornly overwork himself without rest only to not even receive a glance from his father, the Count.

Ron thought that the Count was a coward. How could he not when he left this child all alone without a word in this big, empty, cold castle.

Right after said child's mother passed away, might he add.

"Understood." Ron simply bowed. He knew he couldn't do anything, not when the Young Master got his stubbornness from the Late Countess.

"Now l-leave!. . ." Shit, Cale felt like his head was spinning every time he raise his voice. But that was the only way to drive this butler away. And he needed to do that so that Cale could continue studying.

So Cale will endure his pounding and spinning head just until the butler leaves.

"Yes. ." Like hell Ron will leave, he'll never leave a child in this state. His child or not, a child is a child.

"Huff. . Huff. ." Cale felt his heavy body start to slump, but never did he let go of the textbook he's holding. He needed to complete three more of his assignments and read a book and make a report about it by tomorrow. And it was only seven at night. Dismissing the fact that he hadn't ate anything except for a few cookies in the morning, Cale continued to find the answers for the assignment.

It wouldn't be an overstatement that the teachers were careless.

'Ah. . This is the answer to this one. . . Then this. . And then . ...'