{✨} 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

A/N: Thank you guys so much for the reads and votes, love you all :)

P.S. Most of this chapter is a ginger yapping 🙄

{2nd person POV}

(Not proofread 💀)

Key:

"Thoughts"

"Speaking"

~{Timeskip}~

Your walk with Grim was silent minus the fact he whined every five minutes. "You know if you stopped whining you might actually get the work done faster and we can go to the library sooner." He simply huffed in response.

You were holding a bucket of soapy water, a rag, and some working gloves. You found them in the janitors closet at the school, Crowley had given you the key to it.

You soon come across Main Street which had seven familiar looking statues lining both sides of the grey brick sidewalk, Grim instantly perked up and looked around. "Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!"

"I didn't get to see much of it yesterday." He turned to look at one of the statues as you walked up to the lion's statue and putting the gloves on before wetting the rag and starting to clean up the dirt and grime on it.

"What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary." You continue cleaning as you answer simply to him, "I don't know, Grim." He floats over to the Queen, the one from your dream named 'Iracebeth'.

"Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reseal anger management issues." A voice of a teenage boy interrupts Grim. "You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" You turn around to see a ginger boy with red eyes and a heart on his temple.

"Queen of Hearts? Is she some kind of big deal?" Grim asked before the ginger continued, "She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago." You listened but still focused on cleaning. You finished the lion and moved to the man with fire for hair and started cleaning.

"She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her." He explained.

"Why?" You asked looking up from your work. He looked over to you and continued. "Because of the punishment. For breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!" You winced. "That's a bit.... harsh, don't you think?"

He violently shook his head. "Nope!" He turned to Grim. "Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?" Grim nodded with enthusiasm. "Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong. But putting that aside... Who're you?" Grim asked.

"Name's Ace. I'm a first-year student here, as of...today! Pleased to meetcha!" Grim, being Grim, posed heroically as he was introducing himself. "I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy who's planning to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived."

He turned and pointed at you who was still cleaning the statue. "That there's my far less interesting hench-human thingy." Ace turned to you and greeted you. "'[Y/N]', huh? Your name's got an odd ring to it. I like it." You nod to him. "It's nice to meet you. Oh, and I'm not Grim's henchman at all." You turn back to cleaning.

Grim immediately turns back to Ace. "So, tell me, Ace. Is that lion with a scar in the eye a famous ruler too?" Ace nodded as he led Grim to the statue you clean five minutes ago. You moved to clean the octopus woman's statue next.

"That's the King of Beasts who ruled the savanna. But he wasn't born into the throne- he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes. When he became king, he decreed that the hyenas would be pariahs no more and should live amongst his subjects as equals."

"He seems like a good person...or uh...animal...?"

Grim seemed to agree with your inner thought. "Sounds like a great guy! Not everyone's able to look past social status like that." You soon finished the statue and move to the man with the turban and snake staff. Grim turned to the statue you just cleaned. "Who's the lady with the octopus legs?"

They moved to the statue as Ace continued explaining. "The Sea Witch who lived in an underwater grotto. She basically devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk. If they were willing to pay the price, she'd help them change their appearance, find love, whatever! They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also say the price was a tad steep, though."

He shrugs. "But she was granting wishes! Of course it was!" Grim giggled mischievously. "So you're saying that once I'm a great mage, getting rich off folks will be a total cinch?!" You finish the statue and move to the elegant queen. Grim looks at the statue and points to it. "Oh, oh! Do the dude with the big hat next!"

You continued washing and listening to Ace's banter on the seven statues. "That's the Sorcerer of the Sands. He was the advisor to a dolt of a sultan. He was a smart guy. Really capable sort. He exposed this swindler once- some guy pretending to be a prince in order to trick the princess! After that, he got his magic lamp and became the greatest sorcerer in the worlds."

Ace looked over at you for a moment before turning to Grim again. "Then, they say...he used that power to become sultan himself!" Grim looked at the statue in awe as you finished with the queen and moved to the light green woman with horns.

"Wow! Guess it's true that a mage needs to be an excellent judge of character, huh? And what about this beauty over here?" He floated over to the elegant queen as Ace followed.

"She's a queen who was said to be the fairest in all the land. In fact, she used her magic mirror to check how she ranked on a daily basis! When it looked like her position was threatened, they say she'd do whatever it took to keep it. Can you even imagine the level of dedication to would require keeping a record like that? Also, they say she was a master of making poisons!"

You finished with the horned lady as you moved to the Queen of Heart's statue and started cleaning again. Grim scooted back a bit after hearing the queen's description. "Geez. She's pretty, but that sounds kinda scary." Ace raised an eyebrow smirking smugly.

"Is he planning something?"

"You think so? I gotta respect the hustle!" Grim slowly nodded. "F-For sure... Sounds like she fought hard for what she believed in, and never gave up! And the one there, with the flaming head? Now THAT guy looks scary!"

They moved to the statue as Ace continued. "That's the King of the Underworld! Single-handedly ruling a kingdom packed with rambunctious spirits- that takes my competence! He may look scary, but he was a straight shooter who worked tirelessly at a tough job he never even asked for."

"So, he watches the dead spirits? All day every day?"

"I mean, this is a guy who was ordering Cerberus, the Hydra, and the titans into battle for him. " You were currently scrubbing at the Queen's scepter, there was some disgusting black stuff that was being a pain in the ass to get off.

"Hmm. That IS something. To think he could have that much power and not let it go to his head! And that last one there, with the horns?" You finally got have the black stuff off just as they moved to the next statue."

"That's the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mystical mountain. She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic, and curses- even by standards of these seven! She commanded storms, covered the kingdom with thorns... She could use magic on a massive scale! She could even turn herself into a giant dragon."

Grim looked at the statue with stars in his eyes. "Ooh, a dragon! What all monsters yearn to be!" Ace nods. "Pretty cool, huh?" His stupid ass smug smile returns. "Not like some piddling weasel."

You immediately snap your head in their direction.

"IS THIS GUY MANIC, OR GINGER? OR BOTH?"

A/N: Wdym I have a hate love relationship with a character? No, I don't. *Cutely shoves Ace off a cliff <3*

~✨𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞.✨~

~✨𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟏𝟑𝟖𝟖✨~