Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I was talking to Wes about going to the movies after school and then a voice interrupted us. “You’re Jaden, right?” he asked. I turned around. It was a guy with light brown hair, kind of good looking.                                                                    

“Yeah.” I told him.                                                                                                 

 “I’m Hunter. Don’t you remember me?” he asked. I tried remembering where I’ve seen him.                                                                                                            

 “Nope. Have we seen each other?”                                                                      

 “Yeah, remember we use to make mud pies when we were little in Florida, before I moved.” He padded his hand like if he was making mud pies. He still didn’t ring a bell. I just stood there. He thought for a second, “You used to call me Hunty.”                    

“So, you guys know each other?” Wes asked.                                                     

 “Umm…when we were little we always hung out. Our parents were friends, but then he moved to California. I haven’t seen you in so long.” I told him. Hunter came closer and gave me a hug.                                                                                               

“I didn’t know you came to this school here. I’ve missed these last couple of weeks or months. The school counselor just told me that you’re new.”                                     

“Why did the school counselor tell you?”                                                                    

“I’m ambassador. I’m supposed to show you around the school, but I guess you know around here.”                                                                                              

“Uhh…well Wes,” I pointed to him, “and Riley have kind of showed me. It’s okay.”

“Then I guess I’ll see you around.” Wes said.                                                              

“No, it’s alright. I was just leaving. It was great meeting you, Wes.” Hunter said. “I’ll see you around.” I said.                                                                                           

 “He seemed interested.” Wes said.                                                                            

 “In what?” I said.                                                                                            

“You.”