Chapter 9

BEWARE: Serious confession by Wes. Be prepared! Dun, dun, dun!!!!.......

Chapter 9 

I was sitting on the swing outside of the cabin, reading a book while watching the rain fall. Then I saw Wes walking in the middle of the rain, without a shirt. "Wes, what are you doing in the middle of the rain?" I said practically screaming at him. "I was taking a walk."  

"In the rain? You're going to get sick. You need a towel."  

"No it's okay." I went inside my cabin and got one of my towels out of the drawer. I went outside to give it to him.  

"Here," handing him the towel.  

"I don't need it." he kept saying, handing me back my towel.  

"Yes, you do." I said forcefully taking my towel and drying his wet stomach. I noticed his tan, smooth skin and realized what I was doing. I was staring at his stomach. "Uhh... thanks for the towel. I'll give it back to you as soon as I can." He said. "It's okay." He took my towel and walked to his cabin. I stood there probably for a minute thinking about what just happened.  

The next day after I took a shower, I found a note on my bed next to my towel.  

Here's back your towel. I didn't really use it, but you probably would want to wash it -Wes. 

I sort of chuckled at the last part. I grabbed my towel and smelled it. It smelled like wet dog. I seriously needed to wash this. ASAP!

The girls and I went to the lake for a little talking time. We dipped our feet into the water. "What do you guys want to talk about?" Hollis asked.  

"How about the crush Jaden has on Wes?!" Jennifer said excited.  

"I don't have a crush on him." I said.  

"You hang out with him."  

"He's nice."  

"Yeah right! Tell the truth."  

"I don't. All he is, is nice."  

"You don't even admit that he is a little cute?"  

"He is kind of cute." Ivy said.  

"Aren't you dating someone?" Jennifer said.  

"No, but I'm just saying."  

"So, Jaden..." We heard a rustling sound. I turned around to look, but didn't see anything. "Uhhh...he's somewhat cute." I said hesitating. The girls giggled. "You know what, we should get back to the cabin." I said getting up.  

"Ohhh, she likes him." Nikki said. 

I couldn't help but to smile, "Stop!" I said laughing. I heard the rustling sound again. "I'll catch up with you guys later." I told them. "Sure." Jennifer said, "Then we'll see you at the cabin."  

"Yeah." I saw Hollis, Lucy, and Ivy whispering.  

I walked towards where the rustling noise was coming from. I listened carefully. I heard it toward where the trees were. Then I saw a shadow. I walked closer making noises with the bushes. I knew the person already noticed me, so I gave up the silence. "Hey." I said. "Hey." he said. That voice...  

"I thought I heard a rustling noise, so I wanted to check it out." His face looked kind of worried. I touched his shoulder. "If you have something to say, you can trust me." I said. He turned around. "I can trust you?" he said.  

"Wes," I whispered under my breath. Maybe it was so low I probably just heard it in my mind. "Yeah, I know I haven't been so nice to you, but deep, deep, deep in the inside I care about you."  

He turned around and faced the tree behind him. "The only reason I've been acting weird is because I'm dyslexic." There was a big pause. 

For a second all I heard were the chirping of birds. "What do you mean you're dyslexic? You have dyslexia?" 

"I mean...I can't read." 

"What do you mean you can't read?" 

"I'm not who you think I am." I started to feel confused. I tried to figure out what he meant about dyslexia. Can he really not read?I waited until Wes started talking again. 

"I'm not like normal teenagers. I'm...I'm...I'm dyslexic." I stood there frozen trying to repeat what he just said over and over again. 

"You can't say that. I mean I know everyone has problems, that you have problems, but dyslexic?" 

"But I am." he said sitting onto a broken tree trunk. I followed him and sat next to him on the log. "When I read letters like b and d they get mixed up. And when I try to read I see the words jammed together, and I see patterns moving." 

"How did you know?" 

"It started when I was in 8th grade." There was a big pause, "Our teacher told us to read a passage and then all of a sudden the letters were confusing. Sometimes I, even, stumble to say words when I speak. I'm getting a lot better and having a lot of help." 

He looked at the ground for a couple of seconds and looked up again, "I've been dyslexic almost all high school." he started to dig his fingers into the ground. "All these years I've been pushed away by the entire school. I feel different from everybody else." He took a big breath. "Before I was...dyslexic, I was pretty much known by everyone at school. I had friends and even a girlfriend. But when I was starting having problems I started to get tempers. Wherever I started to get mad I would get a temper and nearly destroy anything that was in my way. I still have tempers every once in a while, but not as bad as before. When my friends found out I had anger issues and couldn't read, they would slowly back away from me and then never talk to me again. When my girlfriend found out she told me I was weird and she didn't want to date anybody like that, so we broke up. I just feel like a different person than everybody else in school. I don't want people to see me differently." 

He lowered his head and looked down at his feet. I grabbed hold of his hand and told him, "I don't think you're different from anybody else. You're just unique." He looked up from his feet and looked into my eyes with a crooked smile, but a smile. " Even if you were different, I like different. The same gets boring." I smiled back at him. "You sure?" I nodded. "You'd risk yourself to hang out with a dyslexic like me?" he laughed under his breath and laughed with him.  

"Yeah, I would."  

He started to lean towards me. We were face to face. He leaned forward and touched my lips. His lips felt warm on my lips. My real first kiss! His face was only a few inches away from me. His bright blue eyes caught my attention, like when I saw him the first time. "I got to go. My friends are waiting for me." I said.  

"Yeah, umm me, too." He got up and put on his shirt.  

When I got back to the cabin Jennifer asked me, "Did you find something?" 

"No, I-I-I didn't find anything." I said sort of scratching my head.  

"Then why did you take so long?"  

"I started talking with someone."

- - - - - - - - - 

So did you like this chapter? Good wasn't it? Wait for chapter 10!!!!......