Chapter 15

Chapter 15 

I was talking to Wes about going to the movies after school and then a voice interrupted us. "You're Jaden, right?" he asked. I turned around. It was a guy with light brown hair, kind of good looking.  

"Yeah." I told him.  

"I'm Hunter. Don't you remember me?" he asked. I tried remembering where I've seen him. "Nope. Have we seen each other?"  

"Yeah, remember we use to make mud pies when we were little in Florida, before I moved." He padded his hand like if he was making mud pies. He still didn't ring a bell. I just stood there. He thought for a second, "You used to call me Hunty."  

"So, you guys know each other?" Wes asked.  

"Umm...when we were little we always hung out. Our parents were friends, but then he moved to California. I haven't seen you in so long." I told him. Hunter came closer and gave me a hug.  

"I didn't know you came to this school here. I've missed these last couple of weeks or months. The school counselor just told me that you're new."  

"Why did the school counselor tell you?"  

"I'm ambassador. I'm supposed to show you around the school, but I guess you know around here."  

"Uhh...well Wes," I pointed to him, "and Riley have kind of showed me. It's okay." 

"Then I guess I'll see you around." Wes said.  

"No, it's alright. I was just leaving. It was great meeting you, Wes." Hunter said. "I'll see you around." I said.  

"He seemed interested." Wes said.  

"In what?" I said.  

"You."  

"What? No way. We were best friends."  

"Well, he seemed more interested than that."  

"You know what, who cares. I have you." I said.  

He put his arm over my shoulder. "Yeah, sure." he said laughing. We walked together to class.

"What movie do you want to see?" Wes asked me. I looked at the movie names. "Do you want to see the Vow?" he said.  

"Do you really want to see a romance movie?"  

"No, but if you want to see it I will, too."  

"What about Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked? It looks funny." I said.  

Wes walked up towards the ticket booth. "Two tickets for Alvin and the Chipmunks." I heard him say.  

"That'll be $11.50." the guy said.  

"Here are the tickets." Wes said giving them to me. We walked inside and bought a medium sized bucket of popcorn. I bought a box of sour gummy worms and he bought a large cup of Frappuccino.  

We took a seat almost at the top rows. The movie started and I was getting cold. I was almost shivering from the coldness outside. Wes must have noticed, too because he held my hand through the whole movie.  

When we got out from the movies, outside was colder than it was when we got in. I buttoned up my coat higher and shoved my hands in my coat pockets. I was glad I wore my boots and my coat. Wes kind of squeezed my arm. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "You have stiff arms."  

"Thanks. Girls love to hear that." I said sarcastically.  

"You know I love you!" he said smiling. I put my hand in between his and then put my hand in my coat pocket again.  

"I know." He kissed my head.  

We quickly got into his car. "It's really cold!" I said shivering. He grabbed my hands and kissed them. His warm lips felt warm over my hands. He started the car and turned up the radio to a Christmas station. Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' played and we listened to it all the way home. He grabbed my hand and held it until he dropped me off. "Do you want to go inside and have dinner?" I asked before getting out from his car. "Uhh...sure." He took the keys from the car and came inside.  

I opened the door with my key, "Guess who's eating dinner with us?" I said. "Oh, hello Wes." my mom said.  

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Moreno." Wes said.  

"Glad for you to join us." my dad said.  

"Danielle." My mom screamed.  

"Coming." She answered. I walked to the bathroom to wash my hands and Wes followed me. "How was the movie?" my mom said.  

"It was good. Kind of funny." Wes answered.  

"It's really cold." I added.  

"Hey Wes!" Danielle said."  

"Hey Dannie." He said happily.  

My mom made warm and hot lasagna with extra cheese.  

In between eating Wes excused himself, "May I use the bathroom?" "Sure go ahead." my mom said. When he left my dad said, "He is quite a gentleman." 

"He really likes you." my mom said.  

Wes left right after he finished his dinner. "See you tomorrow." he said, but before he left he gave me a kiss on my cheek. I couldn't help but smile.  

The next day Mrs. Penny told us we were doing secret Santa. "Everyone will choose from the hat a slip of paper with someone's name on it." she said. She walked through the whole classroom to make sure she didn't miss anyone. I opened my slip of paper and it said: 

Lucas 

I couldn't believe I got him. I looked for him while he wasn't looking.  

"Hey, who did you get?" Riley asked me. "I can't tell you." I said. 

"The secret Santa presents are due a day before winter break." Mrs. Penny said.

"Okay everyone, all of us are going to share our gifts so don't worry. Is there a volunteer that would like to go first?" Nobody raised their hand, not even Riley. Then suddenly Toby's hand came up. "Okay go ahead Toby."  

"My present is for Sarah." He said.  

Names after, it was Oscar's turn. "To Riley." He handed her a small wrapped box. Riley stood up and grabbed Oscar's present. She untied the bow and opened the lid. "Oh my gosh! It's 2 tickets to the Vow!" She gave Oscar a big hug, "Thank you." she said and gave him a kiss on the lips. The class started to 'oooo' and 'awww'.  

Then Riley said who her present was for, "Wes." She handed him a pretty big box. "Thanks." he said. He took the lid and untied the bow. He took out a Nike sport shorts and Nike sweater. He got up and gave Riley a hug. "To Jaden." he said. I stood up and took the small box from his hands, opened the box and found inside a picture frame with a photo of him, Riley, and me on top of each other's back. "Thanks." I said and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Awww." I heard the class say. "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Then Wes pulled me in and gave me a kiss on my lips. I smiled and said, "To Lucas." I gave him the box and he took the box slowly. Then he took the lid off as fast as a he could. He took out a sweater with the words South Pole on it. Before he could even say anything the bell rung. "Okay class you are dismissed. See you tomorrow.!" "Thank you." Lucas said giving me a kiss on half of my lip and half of my cheek. 

"Don't touch her." Wes put his hand on Lucas's shoulder pushing him away.  

"Why? It's just a thank you kiss." Lucas said. He took his backpack and left the classroom almost laughing.  

"It's okay. He didn't hurt me." I said.  

"Not yet." Wes whispered.

 - - - - - - - - - -

It's Christmas time!!!! I know I skipped a month, I just didn't have a lot of ideas for the month of November. Hope you liked the secret Santa, even though it was really lame.... :l