Chapter 36

Jennie's not entirely sure how much time has passed since she asked the question most relationships wait for, but she's positive Lisa hasn't moved or took a single breath since she did. She's a doctor so naturally she should be concerned, encourage her girlfriend to relax while secretly freaking the fuck out herself because still her question has yet to receive an answer, and Lisa never takes this long to answer any question, like seriously even when Jennie asked if she would rather eat toe nails for the rest of her life or eat her own sick, Lisa didn't hesitate she answered it with a valid reason for her choice like it was completely normal. Yet what's most interesting about this whole thing is not the question itself, or the answer she's yet to hear, it's the way she feels because despite Lisa's shocked eyes staring at her and her unmoved body, Jennie smiles, she smiles so big she feels like she's about to cry because this moment isn't the scariest moment of her life, she doesn't feel panicked or anxious while Lisa finally takes her first breath, instead she wants to lean forward and kiss her till her breaths gone again. She doesn't though, she waits letting this moment linger in waiting, in excitement, in taking the next step in their relationship because she knows exactly how much Lisa loves her, she knows there was no other direction this relationship was ever heading but down the aisle because this relationship is it for the both of them. She know's Lisa's answer is and always will be yes.

"Jennie." Lisa breathes her eyes flicking between Jennie eyes unsure.

Jennie smiles wider because she just loves her more than anything, so with out any hesitation Jennie cups Lisa's cheek while biting her bottom lip.

"If you say anything about me hitting my head for the reason for me proposing. I'm going to hurt you."

"How did you know..."

"Because you're Lisa." Jennie smirks leaning forward to rest her forehead against her soon to be fiancée. "That's only one of many reasons I want to marry you."

"You have a list?" Lisa questions letting her lips pull into a smile while her arms wrap snugly around Jennie more possessively than she's ever felt before. It warms her in away of no return because for the millionth time since meeting Lisa eighteen months ago, her stomachs fluttering without any control in the best of ways. It take's her breath away.

"It's a short list." Jennie's rolling her eyes before she can even process it.

"You just said one of many." Lisa smirks already leaning closer to Jennie's lips.

"Maybe I exaggerated a little for a yes." Jennie shrugs forgetting everything for a moment as Lisa's smiling lips kiss hers like they never want to stop.

Jennie never wants to stop either.

It's a conflicting feeling... Kissing Lisa. Some part of her wants to pull back stare into Lisa eyes and ask her what her actual answer is, but then Lisa demands entrance without even asking, so naturally Jennie forgets everything and just kisses her back. It's different to their usual kisses, in many ways it's the same but yet different all at once, it's to much and not enough, so Jennie presses forward letting Lisa slow the kiss deliciously, feeling every curve, every dip until she's lost unable to process anything that isn't Lisa.

It's dizzying.

Jennie only registers Lisa's no longer kissing her when she's chasing plumb lips. "Jennie." Lisa's breath is hot on her lips, Jennie's body reacts instantly because she's to far gone to talk, to far gone to even communicate effectively, but when her eyes finally flicker up and look into Lisa, she see's a hint of amusement there and if Jennie's mouth wasn't so dry and craving Lisa she would say something, anything, but apparently her body is temporarily out of order especially when she hears what Lisa says next. "Yes." Lisa breathes all hint of amusement fading into the distance.