Chapter 30

"I swear to god." Jennie huffs bolting up in bed and startling Lisa. Before Lisa could even say a word Jennie was throwing the covers of her and stomping over to the window. "Stupid fucking birds." She snaps slamming the window closed before marching back to bed with a face like thunder. "Nobody wants to hear stupid tweeting at seven in the morning." She snaps while her body collapses back on the bed where it laid peacefully seconds ago. Jennie huffed once more while dragging the quilt over her face. Lisa decided to say nothing at all as she smiled amusingly pushing her glasses back up her nose as she refocuses on her emails. She had woke half an hour ago but Jennie looked far to comfy to wake up, so instead opted for scrolling through her phone because she knew if she left the bed, Jennie would follow minutes later looking more asleep than awake, no matter how much Lisa told her to just stay in bed, she never listened. So this is what she had resorted to Sunday mornings.

"Do you have a gun?" Jennie questions from beneath the sheets causing Lisa to arch her brows while a smile pulls at her lips.

"What do you want a gun for?" Lisa laughs pushing her phone under her pillow.

"For the birds Lisa. If they tweet one more time I swear." Jennie whines.

"You will shoot them?"

"Exactly!" Jennie says spinning around to reveal a very grumpy face. "This is why summer is terrible. First of you can't sleep because it's far to hot so you open your window, which by the way is still shit, but eventually when you do get to sleep, I'm woken up by that inconsiderable species out there whistling away like it's fucking midnight on new years eve. Which it definitely isn't and you want to know how I know that Lisa, I know that because they sing out there every fucking morning! Who ever said they are melodic and soothing, is clearly deluded and sleep deprived." Jennie huffs out turning to look at her girlfriend for the first time that morning.

"Someone's grouchy this morning." Lisa hums her hand sliding beneath the sheets to rest on Jennie's bare hip while pulling her across the bed till she's pressed against her side.

"Sleep deprived." Jennie whines burying her face in Lisa's neck with a hum of delight. "This is much better." Jennie breathes making Lisa laugh.

"Are you planning on waking up anytime soon?"

"Do you even listen to what I'm saying to you?" Jennie breathes her hand resting around the back of Lisa's neck keeping her face firmly buried.

"Bird shooting. Sleep deprived." Lisa lists off.

"Lisa."

"Hmm "

"Stop talking. Sleeping."

"Now you know what it feels like." Lisa laughs quietly nudging Jennie with her chin.

Jennie's asleep before Lisa can even count to ten.

Instead of resuming back to her emails, Lisa carefully removes her glasses not caring where they land as she snuggles back down in to Jennie. It's only 7 am and Lisa has already smiled more than anyone should in just one day. One of the best things about being in a relationship with Jennie was that you never knew what the day would bring from start to end. Sometimes she woke up falling out of bed with no grace what so ever, other days Jennie would cruel out of bed with the most seductive look Lisa had ever seen. Other days Lisa's sure Jennie could win any talking competition hands down, it doesn't matter where she is, what she's doing, Jennie always find something to talk about. Just last week Lisa had took Jennie on a surprise day out to the main attractions in New York, they had stopped of to grab a quick drink and while waiting for their order Lisa had decided to check her phone to make sure no problems had arisen. 'How disappointing must it be to travel here from china or something and buy a souvenir only for it to be actually made in china' Jennie had said causing Lisa to stop everything and anything she was doing. She heard her, she always hears her but Lisa still found her brows furrowing with a growing smile on her lips. How someone came up with things like that to say while sitting and waiting for a drink was a mystery to her, but Lisa absolutely adored it, maybe just as much as Jennie. Yet Jennie had just shrugged pointing to a lady across the street shopping who was quite obviously a tourist with her 'I love New York' t-shirt. Jennie had found it a complete normal question and even added. 'How disappointing would that be, should have just stayed in china' That was the moment Lisa decided Jennie just loved talking.