a mystery that needs solved

Silver and magma spent hours searching through their personal library. They looked through everything. Fiction, nonfiction, medical and more. They...found nothing.

Silver tossed down the book he held "grrr! This is impossible! You would think this type of thing has happened before" he slammed his head on the table "this is hopeless"

Magma sat beside him "there has to be somthing" he looked around, his eyes falling on a red book. He picked it up and looked at the cover "jekyll and hyde...I remember reading this all the time as an eevee"

Silver's muffled voice is heard "how is that suppose to help us, help cumulus?" Magma lifter silver's head "in the book dr. Jekyll has an evil counterpart inside him, it could be the same with cumulus"

Silver looked at the book skeptical. He pulled the book towards himself and stared st the cover. "Its the best we've got so far Magma, let's look more into this"

Magma nods and Silver reads the book aloud.

*at cumulus' house*

Cumulus layed in his bed shifting and turning. He growled and covered his head. Images of midnight lying there blood pooling from his torn ear. Amythest looking at cumulus like she didn't know him.

I tear ran down his cheek. Followed by another, and then another until he was sobbing. "A-amethyst I'm so so sorry" he hugged his pillow close.

Tulip walked into his room "cu cu? You okay?" She looked at him

"Yeah...I'm fine. What is it tulip?" Cumulus asked wiping his tear stained cheek.

"I want us to visit midnight before we leave" she stood tall

"Are you sure he wants to see me? He probably never wants anything to do with me" cumulus looked away

"No better time to try and see"

"Fine"

(The next day)

Cumulus and Tulip walked to midnight's house, and Tulip knocked. After a moment of silence the door opened. Amythest stood in the door way. "Cumulus!? What do you want?" She glared at him as he looked away from her gaze.

"Uh, we are here to see midnight" Tulip scratched the back of her head. Midnight walked next to Amythest "let them in babe, I want to talk with cumulus"

Cumulus looked up and saw the bandage on midnight's ear 'damn I did that to him.' "Follow me you two, Amythest will get you some coffee" midnight walked to the living room as amythist went to the kitchen.

Cumulus and Tulip sat on two open chairs. "So cumulus," midnight stared at him "are you happy? Are you happy knowing you could've killed me?"

Cumulus looked down "i-i, no I'm actually sorry, about everything"

Midnight sighed as Amythest brought the drinks to them. "Cumulus, you acted like you wanted to kill me, yours eyes where... heart shaped and you were like you were possessed.

"Possessed?" Amythest sat next to midnight "that's an understatement"

"Listen I don't know what happend to me. I wasn't in control of my own body. I was blinded by rage or something"

Just then a knock is heard before silver burst in Magma traing behind "midnight! Cumulus wasn't in contro..." he stopped and he spotted cumulus "Oh, hi"

"We know silver. I was about to tell cumulus that I want to help him figure this out"

Everyone yurner to the umberon

"Wait what!?"