Magic Practice and a Strange Encounter

Shubbles Pov:
The tops of the trees had such mystical and beautiful auras and yet something about them seemed almost unsettling. I think I was the only one who noticed that the deep green moss on the tree trunk had an aura that made it look dark blue with spots on it. When I took a step forward a really creepy noise came from it but I guess I was the only one who heard it because nobody else jumped like I did.

"Lizzie, are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost." Jimmy said looking worriedly at me. "Do you need to lie down?" Owen asked which surprised me because I would have assumed he would laugh at me or think I was being a baby. "Uh...no... I'm fine. Just saw a squirrel run across the ground when I wasn't expecting it and it spooked me but it's fine. I just wasn't paying attention." Which was surprisingly really believable for something I made up within 1 second of being asked.

"Well...why don't we get started! Shubble you probably know how to navigate the mangrove because you live here so how about you lead us to a clearing where we can practice!" Scott said after a small argument between Jimmy and Owen on who should lead us through the swamp.

After about 15 minutes of walking-or I guess you could say stumbling from the rest of the group (exept Lizzie because she decided she didn't want to get her paws wet and just rode on my shoulder the whole time because "I know you are the only one who want get me muddy." which is only true for the swamp. Anywhere else I'm a clumsy mess) we arrived at a nice clearing with no mud and some stumps to practice my new magic on! Owen took a blanket out of a backpack that I didn't even realize he was carrying and later it out on the forest floor before taking all of the goggle and putting them in the bag so they didn't break or get lost. I'm still confused about Owen it's like he hates me one second but is okay with me the next.

"aVaDa KaDaVrA" I said pointing at a stump with my best Voldemort impression voice. To which Scott rolled his eyes. "You can't believe everything you see in a movie." He said sarcastically. "Okay so... what's the easiest spell to learn. We should start small and work our way up right?" "Well... no, not really in this case. When you want to cast a spell you don't have to say any special word or anything, in fact you don't have to say anything at all! You just have to focus and think about what spell you want to cast. But when you want to do a spell that causes harm specifically to a living animal you would have to turn 21, and a killing spell is restricted so no wands except the high council of witchcraft can use it." Scott said. "Where tf did you learn so much about witches?!" Jimmy said to which Owen simple responded with "he's a nerd and a bookworm." "AM NOT!" Scott shouted back indignantly.

"Anyway.... here." He said putting one of those super fun crunchy leave on one of the stumps. "Try and make it float. Just focus on making it float while pointing your wand at it." I stared at the leaf and tried really hard to focus but instead of the leaf flying up in the air, it set itself on fire. "WOAH WOAH WOAH! DONT START A FOREST FIRE!" Grian shouted running over and smacking the fire out with his shoe while Scott just facepalmed. "Uh... oops?" "Hey maybe we should teach her how to make water to counteract all the fires/explosions" Grian said calmy whilst also using one shoe to put out the fire that had spread onto his other shoe while trying to put out my fire. "Hey do you need some help with that? The way you're doing it will only make it worse." Lizzie said hesitantly. "Ok smarty pants what do you suggest then?" "Well... there is a river right there stupid." "Oh." Grain said as he hurriedly ran over to it and put the shoe in the water.

"Anyway. Grian you did have a good idea before whatever just happened. I'm gonna help Shubble learn how to manipulate water! I didn't think it would have to come down to this but I guess I'm gonna have to teach you the words like you're a wizard toddler." "Hey! I'm new to this be nice." I huffed back at Scott with a fake pout. "Ok children stop fighting everyone needs to get along." Katherine said making me and Scott laugh. "You have a pretty laugh." Katherine said smiling brightly causing me to go red on the ears. "Okay love birds let's go back to practicing magic." Jimmy said. "Well for the next spell we need a cat." Scott said pointing at Lizzie." "WHAT? ME?! NO WAY! I DONT WANNA GET BLOWN UP OR SET ON FIRE! (no offence Shubble)" Lizzie screeched making Scott laugh. "Relax! I was just kidding! But we might need some help when I teach her about Nekomancy which is something you might be familiar with. "Ohhhh I've never heard of it but it sounds evil so heck yeah!"

2 hours later:
Okay so I kind of figured out how to control water but also kinda didn't. I was able to make bubbles appear out of nowhere and like 50% of the time I managed to move the water! At one point I did accidentally make a wave splash Lizzie, Katherine, Jimmy, Grian, and Owen which I apologized profusely for. Lizzie didn't accept my apology until I manipulated water and got a fish in the air which made her apparently become even better friends with me than before according to her.

On our way back through the swamp a tiny green goblin thing ran past us at the speed of light knocking over Jimmy and then disappearing into the bushes. "Ow... what the Fuck..." Jimmy said rubbing the back of his head as Scott helped him up. A girl wearing a sunny dress came out of the bushes panting and trying to catch her breath. She had ginger hair and reminded me of the sun for some reason. "Hi! Did you happen to see a flash of green run by here? I'm supposed to be babysitting my brother but he's literally a gremlin and I've been chasing him down for the past half an hour." "You mean the little goblin dude who just knocked me over? Yeah he went that way." "Oh my god im so sorry! Listen, I think I know where you guys live because I've seen you around! We live about a street away and I promise I will drop you off an apology gift after I catch my little goblin of a brother! So sorry! Oh by the way my names Geminitay but I usually go by Gem and my two brothers are Fwhip and Sausage. They are twins even thought they don't really look the same and since I'm the oldest they like to make my life a living hell." Gem said exasperated. "Hey wait if you have two brothers what's the other one doing if this one is running around in the swamp?" Grian asked. "Well hes either trying to talk to the animals on our farm, or he'a stealing my honey sweets that I made using my bee farm. Unlike Fwhip he listens at least some of the time and I have a feeling that he's not gonna leave the farm." She responded. "Anyway I gotta go and try and catch up to my brother so I hope I see you around!" And with that Gem disappeared into the swamp in search of one of her little brothers Fwhip.

"She seemed nice." Jimmy said breaking the silence. "Yeah! I think she and her siblings live on the farm a couple streets down that has loads of animals and crops!" I said as the house came just into view. "Do you guys wanna hang out with us for a bit more?" Lizzie asked Owen and Scott. "That would be nice!" "Sure" they both said at the same time.

I like these guys already.
——————————————————————-
Hehe I have some plans for our oldest sibling Gem! Let's just say Fwhip and Suasage are not the nicest siblings to her and like to cause her a lot of trouble. 😈