Chapter 6

Her parents stared at her for about minute, not saying anything. And then it was like a bomb went off and her mother started yelling, her father walking down the hall to go to his study (he didn’t like to get involved with this stuff… pussy), “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING!? WE HAD GUESTS OVER AND YOU COME DOWN TO SEE THEM GO LOOKING LIKE THAT?!”

“But mom-,“ she cut Angelie off.

“I THOUGHT WE RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THAT! AND HOW DID YOU GET INTO THOSE CLOTHES!? DID YOU CHANGE IN FRONT OF THAT BOY THAT YOU BARELY KNOW!?”

“What? No mom-,” Angelie tried to get her to stop, but she cut her off again.

“I AM COMPLETELY DISGUSTED WITH YOU RIGHT NOW! I CAN NOT BELIEVE MY DAUGHTER ACTED LIKE SUCH A SLUT!” That hurt Angelie deep. She felt tears prick the back of her eyes but she forced herself not to cry. She hasn’t cried in front of her mom about anything and she really wasn’t going to start now. That was until her mother grabbed her arm roughly, pulling her towards the stairs. “GO UPSTAIRS AND I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!” A tear fell from Angelie’s eye; she tried to hide it with no luck. “AND I DON’T WANT TO SEE THE TEARS EITHER!” She pushed her roughly towards the stairs, Angelie almost falling down in the process.

She ran up the stairs and straight into her bedroom. She slammed and locked the door behind her, before leaning her back against it and sliding to the floor. She wrapped her arms around her knees and just cried.

After she cried for about 10 minutes she wiped her eyes and stood up. She didn’t even look in the mirror as she passed it. She made sure she threw her phone onto her bed before opening the balcony doors. Connor’s lights were on so she sat down in one of the chairs she had out there and grabbed her little bucket of pebbles.

She threw pebble after pebble across gap between the balconies until the movement of the door knob was heard through the twilight air. He walked out and immediately saw her face, she’d been crying and he knew it. Neither of them said anything as Connor climbed across the tree and onto her balcony.

She stood up once his feet hit the floor and practically jumped into his arms, burying her face into his neck, breathing in his familiar scent. She felt the tears start to stream down her cheeks again as he soothed her by rubbing her back. He knew that this could only be because of her parents, probably her mom. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he walked back into her room, kicking the balcony doors shut. He sat back against the pillows on her bed, shifting his best friend so she was cradled in his lap instead.

He soothed her, whispering soothing words and rubbing her back as quiet sobs racked through her lean body.

When Angelie’s sobs finally quieted, little sniffles just coming out of her every so often she pulled her head away from Connor’s neck looking into his comforting eyes. She knew he wouldn’t force her to talk but he knows that she always did when she was ready. He pushed the hair that got stuck to her face by her tears behind her ears before she started to speak.

She told the whole story to Connor, from the point where she came home to when she ran upstairs. He listened the whole time, rubbing her back when it got hard to talk.

“Con, my own mother called me a slut,” a loud sob went through her. “How could she say that to me? I’m not anything near a slut. I’m her only daughter. Does she not want me?”

Connor grabbed the sides of her face with his big hands, “Hey, sh sh sh. You are not a slut. Do you hear me? You are amazing. Whatever she says is complete and total bullshit.”

Angelie looked up into his shining eyes, “So when she told me I was beautiful earlier, that was a lie?”

Connor chuckled, “You are the most beautiful girl in the world.”