Chapter 3: The Mysterious Shadow-Bat

Ladybug's pov:

This is the first time an Akuma has hit Gotham City instead of Paris. I just hope Cat Noir is already there. ShadowBat used his superhearing to locate the akumatised victim which was downtown in the Wayne Enterprise building. Cat Noir and King Monkey were getting everyone out of the building including the class. "Glad your here Milady. I didn't think you'd be a fan of crime-ridden cities but now it's a breeding ground for Hawk Moth." Cat Noir smirked.

I hate when he calls me his lady, I'm already taken."Says the cat who might look like Catwoman's kid. Cat Noir, I'd like you to meet ShadowBat, one of Gotham's superheroes. He'll be helping us with Hawk Moths' victim." I explained.

I asked Cat Noir if every student and worker was out of the building but two students were missing, Lila Rossi, Juleka Couphene, Marc Anciel, Damian's brother (Tim), and Rose Lavillant. "Either one of them could be akumatised. We need to find them." I said.

We heard the sound of explosions coming from the top of the tower "Looks like we'll be taking the rooftop entrance. Ladies first." Cat Noir said, bowing.

ShadowBat and I rolled our eyes and headed to the rooftop with the rest of the team behind us. Someone else was on the rooftop as well. I thought it was the supervillain but when the person stepped into the moonlight, it revealed the one and only Nightwing. I don't believe it, it's Nightwing in the flesh. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Sorry. I'm Ladybug leader of the Miraculous Team of Paris. These are my team members, Cat Noir, Honey Bee, (Chloe changes her name after she gets the miraculous back and so does Kagami.) King Monkey, Carapace, Dragon Master, and ShadowBat. There are more of us but the rest of the team couldn't make it. Our enemy Hawk Moth came here and somehow akumatised another victim so we came here to help." I explained.

"Very well. If it helps find the missing students then I'll let you help." Nightwing said.

We headed inside the building but it was pitch black. Thankfully Cat Noir and ShadowBat can see in the dark. "We need to split up. Cat Noir, King Monkey, Nightwing, and Carapace, you guys go left. The rest of us will go right." I explained.

ShadowBat uses his echolocation to locate the akumatised villain but instead, he found Juleka and Rose tied up. "What happened? Who did this?" I asked them as Dragon Master frees them.

"Ladybug, thank goodness! The supervillain tied us up and took Lila and Marc to one of the labs!" Rose said in a scared tone.

Something felt off about this whole thing if Rose, Juleka, Marc, or Lila aren't akumatised then who was?

Flashback:

Adrien's pov:

I saw Marinette leave with Kagami, Chloe, Nino, Luka, and Alya into a limo with a boy around our age. 'Who was that guy?' I thought. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Kim and Max called me for the tour of Wayne Enterprises. A boy that is 19 years old appeared in front of us. "Welcome everyone to Wayne Enterprises. I'm Timothy Wayne but you can call me Tim. I'm one of Bruce's sons and I'll be your tour guide for the day." he explained.

He looks like a nice guy. Alix, Max, Kim, Nathaniel, Marc, and I headed to the front of the group so we don't have to deal with Lila and her lies. Tim showed us all of the labs here plus he even explained that we'll get to meet his other brothers at the gala tomorrow night. "Anyone have any questions before we continue the tour?" he asked.

Marc asked Tim about the heroes that help defend this city. Tim explained the criminals here are more deadly here. The criminals only come out at night so as long as we don't stay out in the city after dark, we'll be fine. "Well, I happen to know this city like the back of my hand. So I can help guide us throughout the city." Lila lied.