Red Velvet & Love Letters

A/N: I re-wrote this like a million times but I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Turns out that all I needed was a good sleep and it all came to me! I hope you enjoy it :)

*~*~*

Red Velvet & Love Letters

Dearest Tobias,

So, I've had this crush on you for absolute ages and I decided since I was never going to man up and say it to your face, I might as well write you a letter. I know it's cheesy and corny of me but there it is. You've never noticed me before. At least, not before today. I don't want to give anything away because I'm afraid that if you find out who I am you wouldn't react the way I want.

So...that's it.

This has to be the lamest love letter, huh?

Your secret admirer. xo.

*

Tobias Hudson – more famously known as Toby because he hated his full name – had never really noticed Abel Langdon before. The boy was small and adorably round, his cheeks puffy, skin chubby and pale. The only reason why he noticed him now was because of what the people on table four where saying.

"He's so damn pudgy," one of them mocked, sending the four people on the table into short bouts of laughter.

"Look at the way he's shuffling, he can't even lift his feet."

"Pudgy is a good word – he's blubbery."

The girls in the group giggled while the guys chortled.

Toby was furious. What made him especially furious was the fact that the people making mockery of his co-worker were saying it loudly enough for Abel to hear – who was just on the table next to theirs, trying to take an order. And despite the bright smile on Abel's face, Toby noticed how he was self-consciously tugging on the hem of his shirt, his hands shaking lightly. Toby clenched his teeth in fury.

He quickly stalked over to the table and asked sweetly, "may I take your orders?"

"Can I have a pudge – I mean fudge cupcake please?" one of them asked, the intentional slip-up sending everyone on the table into fits of giggles, "also with a hot chocolate."

Toby smiled forcefully, "and the rest of you?"

"Hot chocolates for all of us," one of them replied and they all nodded enthusiastically.

Toby walked to the kitchen. He felt something in his chest squeeze in anger when he saw Abel wiping his eyes furiously before reaching for his recent order. He was about to head to the table when Toby stopped him.

Abel looked up at him and his chubby cheeks instantly darkened when he realized who was blocking his path. He dropped his gaze to the floor and began shuffling his feet, "did I do something wrong?"

"No," Toby began and then leaned over to whisper in Abel's ear, "watch this."

Abel licked his lips and watched curiously as Toby made four cups of hot chocolate. His eyes grew wide however when Toby carefully spat in all the drinks when no one was looking. He put a smile on his face and gave it to the four kids at their table. Abel's eyes grew wide as they all drank the drinks, chattering noisily.