T H I R T Y T W O

After a long sleepless night of trying to get away from those psycho fuckers and searching for Leone all over the train station, I've decided to finally come home with a defeated attitude and a horribly depressed mood

The heavy front door swung open, my footsteps laden with exhaustion. My heart sank the second I heard the creaking of the floorboards, alerting me of the impending presence of one of my family members that has been notified of my return. With each step coming closer, the weight of my failed date pressed upon my soul, a suffocating burden I longed to fucking forget. As I entered further into the living room, my eyes met the stern gaze of my dad, whose face bore a mixture of concern and disapproval.

Fuck my life.

The atmosphere crackled with tension, an unspoken understanding that the night had taken a drastic turn for the worse. Shadows danced across the walls, mirroring the tumultuous emotions coursing throughout the room.

"Where have you been?" He asks out.

"I don't wanna hear it." I yearned for a break, a respite from the storm brewing within me.

"You don't wanna hear it? You don't wanna hear it!?" My dad's interrogative tone shattered any hope of a quiet retreat. His words hung heavily in the air, laced with frustration and a sense of betrayal. "Do you know what time it is!?" My shoulders slumped, my eyes downcast as I braced myself for the onslaught of questions and accusations.

"Dad can we just-please-I've had a really long night." Emotions threatened to consume me, my mind replaying the disastrous events that has happened as I spoke with a dead tone.

"How do you think I feel!?" My father's voice grew louder and more demanding, the dam of restraint completely crumbling. "I thought something bad had happened to you!" My dads raging frustrations spilled forth like a raging torrent.

"Something bad did happen to me! But what's the point of even telling you about about it when all you do is find a way to only make me feel worse about myself!" The room became a battlefield, a symphony of raised voices.

He dryly laughed in burning disbelief. "Sneaking in-and-out for some boy, increasing your rations as if your untouchable, forming a Blood Bond and forcing yourself to fight against your urges, and now coming home this late?" Angry tears welled up in my eyes as all I wanted was for everything to just stop and not add onto all of the anguish that had already engulfed my entire fucking soul. "I hope your little escapade to Cloud Lake was fun because you've been out of control for way too long and it's about time I put an end to all of this once and for all!"

A tearful Ikaris crept down by the staircase. "I'm sorry Dydan, mom and I tried our hardest to make him understand but he just-he just lost it!"

"Ikaris get back to your room now!" He scolded, causing my little sister to quickly comply out of fear.

As the heated confrontation with my father raged on, I could only feel the air grow thicker with the ongoing tension, charged with a volatile mix of all our anger, frustration, and hurt. Words collided in the confined space, striking like a dagger, leaving wounds that would for sure seep with endless unresolved conflict. Yet, amidst the emotional roller coaster, my body began to betray me and weaken.