3. dodge ball

the next morning, soul had PE as his first period, he had this class with black star and kid, y/n was also in this class

the PE coach made everyone stretch and then stand in a circle. "alright, today we are gonna play dodge ball, i need two people to be team captains... any volunteers?" the coach asked and no one stepped up.

he sighed, "fine.. uh how about soul and — ah riko." soul mentally groaned but kinda grateful he got picked, he thought he could show off his athletic side. but then again he hated the fact that riko, one of y/n's friend was also picked.

he had a long history of being "rivals" with riko, their rivalry started ever since they stopped being friends in the 3rd grade over a girl. which is dumb considering they're in high school now.

"okay, you two pick 10 people. soul you pick first." the coach said as he walked off to the side.

"okay, uh black star." soul announced noticing that black star was begging to get chosen, and once he was he did cheered loudly.

"hell yeah!" black star said as he went to go stand next to his friend.

it was riko's turn, the messy red headed teen of course chose his best friend, y/n.

"of course.." soul muttered as black star teased him

"kid." soul said choosing the next teammate.

and then riko and soul took turns choosing people until every spot was filled.

balls were lined up in the middle of the gym, each team on either side. and once the coach blew his whistle the game started.

so far, soul's team was winning and to him everything was going great. until riko started aiming for him, soul started losing his temper.

"this loser keeps targeting." soul says as riko got him out for the second time.

"who?" kid asked as he sat down next to soul since he was also out.

"riko! that damn bastard." he angrily answered making kid sigh.

"y'know i never really understood your beef with him.. i've talked to him and he's actually kinda cool." he said making soul snap his head at him.

"cool?! he's the opposite of that dude! riko can't handle the fact that a girl in the 3rd grade didn't like him and liked me instead! she wasn't even all that! i didn't even like her either!" soul explained, but kid could care less honestly.

after a few minutes he was able to get back in since the round ended.

this time he was targeting riko the whole time, and at one point he got him out, but riko was able to come back in.

as soul was targeting riko, he aimed the ball to directly hit riko in the face , he threw the ball with all his strength but accidentally ended up hitting his crush who got had gotten mixed in the crossfire... right in the face.

soul's face instantly paled and at the same time the whole gym fell silent and the school bell rang indicating that class was over.

"WE WON!!" black star cheered not realizing what happened. "oh shit." he finally realized.

"fuck." soul mumbled.

riko ended up glaring at soul as he helped his friend up and took her to the nurses office.

"well, we should add that to the list.." kid whispered to black star as they went to go change in the locker room.

"you idiot! she had a bloody nose!" maka smacked the back of souls head as they grabbed lunch

"you think i don't know that! geez what does your dad feed you.." he whispered the last part, rubbing the back of his head.

"go apologize! and apologize for yesterday too." maka yelled, the whole cafeteria almost being able to hear their argument.

"stop yelling will ya?" he said as he sat down at his friends table. "god this is so embarrassing, i swear i didn't mean to hit her! that ball was aimed for riko!"

"well, maybe you should work on your aim! then next time you'll actually hit the right person!" patty exclaimed and soul rolled his eyes.

"you better apologize soul or the whole school is gonna know you as an arrogant asshole." liz said munching on her food.

"yea, yeah.. whatever i'll do it." he said beginning to eat.

"oh look there she is! go now." maka said pushing soul off of the bench onto the floor.

"tch, fine!" soul said looking angry as he stood up and went towards the girl. deep inside he was shaking, nervous as hell!

"hey uh—" he started as he got closer but unfortunately he lost his footing and accidentally tripped as the girl he wanted to apologize too turned around, making her spill the pink drink she had in hand all over herself .

the color from his face left. again.

"geez soul, first you hit the poor girl and now you come and spill her drink all over her, you're such an asshole." riko came to the scene helping his friend up.

"what? no! that was an accident i didn't mean—" soul began to explain himself but was cut off by y/n

"asshole." she muttered to herself as she left the cafeteria, soul still heard her.

soul went back to his table, and had to endure his friends teasing, and maka's chops to the head.

(a/n): hope u enjoyed. please vote and leave comments! <3