"Other than that, I want you guys to mostly focus on the recovery of the Neverseen's member's memories. We've been working on this for years now and we are almost done with figuring out everything. But I need you guys to not lose focus on these tasks, they are still out there," I tell them all and they all agree. 

"Alright, the meeting's dismissed," I tell them all and their faces disappear from the screen.

"Sophie, can we do our cognate training now?" Fitz says walking up from where my bed is. 

"Now's not a good time," I say.

"Come on, you're my girlfriend but we never hang out or do anything. And now I can't even do anything with you as your cognate?" he says getting upset. 

But I don't say anything. I really don't have time for this. I watch his as he storms off and Sandor walks in after him, causing me to shoot out of my chair. 

"Did you..." I look at him hopefully. 

But he tilts his head down with a sorrowful look on his face, shaking his head. Oh. I guess not today. 

"Okay, but update me tomorrow if you figure out anything," I tell him.

"Sophie, if I may say something," Sandor says, "It's been 5 years already. Do you really think we are going to find him now?"

I feel my fist curl up as he speaks. He hasn't said anything wrong. It has been five years. Since Keefe left. The note he left gave me clue that he would be in the Forbidden cities. But, we've looked everywhere. I have sent elves to every continent. Every city. Every province. And they haven't been able to find him at all. And I thought, okay maybe he lied. He might be here somewhere. So I sent elves to look here. And they haven't found him. 

"Maybe you should drop this Sophie. This isn't healthy for you-"

"What were my orders?" I ask him, cutting him off. 

He looks at me sadly but nods. "Okay, I understand. I will send the next team out. Have a good night, Sophie."

He walks out and I feel my heart break a little bit more. It feels like every time I act out lately I can feel a literal crack in my heart. But I can't give up on this. Keefe needs to come back. I pull out my spyball as I lay down in my bed. 

"Show me Keefe," I whisper to it. 

The spyball starts to work but then it just turns smokey grey. I throw it down on the ground. Keefe is alive. I know he is. There is no way he could be dead. I throw my covers on me even though I know I will not be getting any sleep. I close my eyes and focus my brain on calling out his name. 

KEEFE!KEEFE! IF YOU ARE OUT THERE TELL ME! KEEFE!

I keep on calling him out until I can feel myself lose consciousness. 

"Thank you Miss Foster for the update," Mr. Forkle tells me. 

I nod. "Any updates on your end?" 

He sighs and rubs the crease in his brow, which is growing to be even more evident every day. 

"The Neverseen have been in hiding since Keefe..." he doesn't finish his sentence as he notices me cringe a bit. "And it looks like they haven't been doing anything since, at least that's what my source is telling me."

I reach up to pull on an eyelash, an old habit I have had since I was little. 

"Sophie," Mr. Forkle says resting his hand on my shoulder. 

"What?" I ask him. "Are you going to be like everyone else and tell me to give up on finding Keefe? Because to be honest, I am not up to hear that right now. Especially, from you."

He shakes his head. "No, I wasn't going to say that. Have you been sleeping at all? I sent over the slumberry tea the other day, but your eyebags are telling me you haven't been using it."

"There isn't time to sleep, don't you understand?!" I exclaim. 

I feel my imparter vibrating so I grab it. It's Tam. 

"Tam?" I ask as I open it. 

His eyes are wide. His face pale. 

"What? What is it?" I ask concerned. 

"Sophie," he starts, his voice trembling. "I found him."

A/N

Hey guys! It's been a long time since I have written anything SoKeefe. I'm basing this off of the books till Unlocked. I haven't read the new book yet, but I will be so just be aware of the spoilers! Thanks for the patience :)