Return of the Crows

Inej Ghafa is sitting in the living room of Crow Manor, laughing at Wylan attempting to explain his complicated sciences to Jesper. Nina is sitting on Matthias' lap, both of them stifling giggles as well. Suddenly, the door to the home bursts open and Kaz comes limping on in, clutching a paper in his gloved hand.

"I got us a job." Kaz says and sits down on the sofa next to Matthias and Nina. He sets a piece of paper on the table.

"What is Kaz?" Jesper gives Wylan a quick kiss and strolls over to the table.

"A heist. We're going to steal a bomb from some rich guy." Kaz responds. "And before you ask what it pays, 60,000 Kruge." Jesper whistles and claps his hands together.

"Well, what's the plan then, mate?" He asks Kaz expectantly.

"Nina, I want you to gather information on the man. His name is Ollie Campez and he lives in an underground bunker in South Ketterdam."

Nina salutes and says, "aye aye, captain."

"Wylan, make explosives that will distract our enemies or kill them without sound." Wylan nods.

"Inej, go to the bunker and get a basic scope of the place. Try not to let anyone notice you there. I will devise a plan to sneak in. Until then, just follow your orders. Everyone understand?" Kaz looks up at them and they all nod. Inej gets up and leaves quickly, but catches Kaz's eye on the way out. She looks away and hurries out the door.

Sighing, she wonders if he already regrets their moment last night, and is going to shut himself off again. He thinks she doesn't realize, but Inej knows how Kaz beats himself up after he's open with her. She wishes they could just have a normal relationship, like Wylan and Jesper or Matthias and Nina, but she knows it's not going to be like that any time soon. It'll take time for him to be put back together so that he can give her all of him. But she will wait, and she will try to help in any way she can.

He is broken, but he is hers. And she cares for him through all of his flaws, though there are many. She will fight for him, break for him, care for him, and wait for him. He may not have given her all of himself, but she will take all that she can and slowly rearrange his broken pieces into a full human again.