Chapter 7- Start of Something New

I woke up on on a couch. There were other people asleep on the floor and random couches.

I was wearing a bikini top and black shorts. Confused, I got up and walked around. The house was trashed. People were passed out everywhere. A door to a room was open and I peeked in to see Mason sleeping in a bed.... with another girl.

That hurt. but then again, I kissed Leo..
Ahhh Leo.
The thought of him made me smile.

I managed to find a random black romper and brown flip flops.

____________________________________________________

My driver was waiting for me in the driveway . thank god

"Tough night?" asked my driver, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Don't ask." I reply, looking out the window. So many emotions and thoughts were going through my head. There was really only one person I wanted to see..... Leo

I grabbed my phone and dialed Leo's number.

ring......ring.......ring

"Hello?" said a very raspy voice.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I said, feeling bad.

"Madeline? Hey! and um no you didn't....."

"Okay great. Meet me at the coffee shop on Vista Road in 10."

"Wait! Now?"

"See you there." I hang up, with a small grin on my face.

_____________________________________________________

I order my Vanilla Chai Latte and sit at a table next to a window looking out at the ocean. After a few minutes of sipping the warm drink and looking out at the sunny morning, I see a tall figure walking over to me.

"Hey!" Leo says as I stand up, wrapping my arms around his slim body.

"Sorry for the quick notice. I just really needed someone to talk to." I say, still wrapped around him.

We both sit and take a sip of our drinks.

"So, um, what's going on?" Leo asks, looking at me.

"There's just so much going on. My dad has been having an affair and my mom knew about it. It has been going on for a few years. My parents have been faking everything. Oh and my boyfriend is doing drugs and partying every single day since summer started. Everything is falling apart." tears begin flowing out. Leo takes a minute to process what I just said, then puts his hand over mine.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm here for you." He says in a comforting voice with a small smile.

"You know what, let's not just sit here and worry about our problems. Let's go on adventure, do something crazy." I propose, smiling at the idea.

Leo looks around and bites his lip, unsure of what to do.

"Screw it, I'm down." He stands up and reaches for my hand. We leave the cafe and walk to his car. The car was an old, light blue truck with pealing paint.

"It used to be my dad's." Leo said before I can ask.

We get settled in to the car.
"So..... Where are we going?" Leo asks, looking at me.

I look at the clock. 4:32
"Okay, plan is to do things we've never done. Go places we've never been to. Make new memories."

"You are one crazy chick." He turns on the car and starts driving.

"I've actually never been to the Santa Monica Pier." I say, Google Mapping directions."

"I've been. But I'd be more than glad to show you around." A slight smile cracks his face.

I knew tonight was going to be amazing, but I was wrong.

_____________________________

Hey! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I am going to try to update more often now. Please vote!

And check out my new teen fic, A World Left Abandoned.

xoxo