Chapter 5- Best Mistake

I was surprised to see Leo's picture on my phone.

"Hello?"
"Hey Maddi. How are you?"
"Lonely. My parents are gone and my boyfriend is being a total jerk and I'm just really confused by everything and I really just want to leave."
"But you can't ."
"Why not?"
"Because you're different. You're not a plastic stuck up snob like Kylie Jenner."
"Really?"
"You're special."
"Hey do you want to go on a hike right now?"
"Meet you at Sunset Hills in half an hour."

The call ended.
I walked back to the tent where Mason and his friends were getting wasted.

"Where ya goin?" Mason grabbed my wrist.

"Away from here." I threw his arm off.

I went home, put on my Nike jogging shorts and tank top.

When I was on my way out the door, my Great Dane, Koda, ran up to me and gave me his sad puppy dog eyes so I couldn't resist to not take him.

I drove to my favorite hiking spot, Sunset Hills.

Right when me and Koda got out the car, I was greeted by Leo.

"I see you brought a friend." Leo said as his patted Koda on the head.

"Okay, follow me." Leo began walking away from the trail entrence.

"Where are you going? The trail in that way." I ask catching up to him.

"You'll see."

We walked until we approached a 'No Trespassing'
sign. Leo lifted up the fence and waved for me to go in. I hesitated, what if we get caught? I looked at Leo and a feeling of trust spread throughout my body.

Feeling rebellious, we went into the gated area and walked up a very steep fill. We walked through tall trees and bushes filled with flowers. A colordul butterfly fly infront of Koda and he tried to catch it. We resumed our hike.

"Are we almost to the top?" I asked, panting. Just then, he began to climb a tree. "What in the world are you doing?" I asked looking up at him. "Just follow me."

I tied Koda to a tree and climbed the tall tree. Leo sat on a branch on the very top of the tree. I saw with him. The view from here was something I have never seen. On my right, there was all of LA, on my left, there was the pacific ocean.

"This is so much better than the usual view from the trail." I said, breathless. The view was absolutely stunning, and I was glad to be seeing it with this boy.

I rested my hand, and accidentally layed it on Leo's. I looked up at his eyes. We were staring into eachother's eyes when suddenly, he put his hand on my cheek. And there we were, sitting on a tree on the top of this mountain, overlooking Los Angeles, kissing.

We kissed for about 30 seconds. When I stopped.

"I can't do this. This is wrong. I have a boyfriend." I said, slowly climbing down the tree.

Leo followed me. "What you have with Mason is fake. You aren't happy. What we just did felt so natural. There was a spark, and I know you felt it too."

I didn't know what to do. My head was spinning. So I grabbed Koda and ran to my car. I don't know if Leo chased after me, but a part of me hoped he did.

-Hope you guys liked it!!! 3 votes for next chapter 😊
Vote, Comment 👍
~Lisette