13 - Acknowledgment is greater than pride

"So what happened next?" For once Remus had his direct attention on her, the book he was reading forgotten on the table next to him

Usually Remus was half listening to her while reading, in fairness what she said most of the time was just ramble but now his whole undivided attention was hanging onto each of her words. "Well we spoke some more and then went back to lesson" Remus immediately deflated.

"You're joking, I was waiting for some great climax where you tell me he kissed you" he grumbled going to pick up the book again but she put a hand over his to stop him.

"Kiss me? The climax of the story was that I found out Regulus is in love with me." Pulling his hand away and picking up the book Remus huffed out.

"Psh please! Old news, you're telling me you only figured that out? You're practically helpless when it comes to love" he opened the book again but she snatched off of him, she couldn't believe the nerve of him right now she was basically having a full on crisis and he couldn't care less.

"Helpless? You came to me about relationship advice only a few weeks ago" Remus reached for his book again but she pulled it back, the title immediately recognisable 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' by Newt Scammander, practically a classic in the education system by wizarding world standards.

She had once wondered how much money Newt Scammander had made from the book back in her first year and had asked Professor Mcgonagoll "Probably enough to last a few lifetimes, now get back to work" granted she was asking a question on magical creatures in a transfiguration lesson but the answer seemed rather agreeable.

"It's easier to think through and notice things when you're not the one that's going through it and for your information me and Sirius are going great. Plus it's not like I could ask anyone else, James is basically Sirius' brother, Peters advice is just flat out bad and Lilly would tell me something logical which sounds good on paper but I can't imagine ever doing it"

"So you ask your secret Slytherin friend who used to have a crush on the exact same boy" she smirked through the pure irony in her words yet Remus seen to see anything wrong with it."Precisely and it's not like it's awkward because you don't like him anymore."

Remus stopped for a moment and looked at her almost analysing each move, "you don't do you?" She blinked at Remus for a moment "No no definitely not" she laughed, that ship had definitely sailed.

"Then I don't see what the problem is, just go straight up to Regulus, ask to kiss him then when he says yes, just give him a big 'ole kiss" Remus made it sound so simple, as if she could kiss a boy completely unprompted.

"Well I don't know if I like him like that" Remus gave her that look in response as if to say 'you're joking' and she just stared right back with eyebrows raised, she came here for help not for Remus to make fun of her.

"Fine. You don't like him. Tell me, you did Amortentia in potions recently, correct?" She nodded not too sure where Remus was going with this, "Okay then write down all the things you smelt" Remus pushed a piece of parchment towards her with his pot of ink and she pulled her quill out of her pocket, writing each thing she could remember smelling.