22. Detective

"Hi girls" Rachel Daly says as my teammates and I all enter our allocated changing room. We all had a shirt hanging up, as if this was an actual match which was quite fun. We also each had a coach who could give us advice and stuff but we all had to do the main organising.

"Nice to meet you all" Keira says, smiling at us as the others stand awkwardly at the door and only Beth and I enter the room.

"Come on"  Beth says  pulling them all in, where they again stood awkwardly. I guess it was all less awkward for me as I knew all of them, however I wasn't sure how keen I was on everyone knowing just yet. And for Beth, she was just naturally an extrovert by the seams of it.

The coach then introduces everyone to each other and does a recap on what we're meant to be doing. We all then go to our sections and start getting changed. Luckily, mine is between Keira and Alex, so this gives me a chance to talk to Keira.

"Keira, please can you not tell anyone about mum" I whisper, bending over to untie my laces.

"Yeah that's fine, how's it going so far?" She whispers back

"It's great, I'm really enjoying it but I didn't know about all of this"

"We did" she laughs quietly

"So you just thought you wouldn't tell me" I frown

"Yep" Keira smirks.

I think one of the other girls, Beth, who I beat at FIFA, notices me talking to Keira, but luckily she doesn't say anything, or at least not now.

Once we're all changed, Alex, our nominated captain, does a quick team talk, and then we head out to the pitch we'll be playing on.

As we walked over, I chatted to Liv, and I could see the other team were already on the pitch, doing a rondo. I was really hoping mum wasn't going to say anything because i don't want to be seen differently just because of my mum. I knew eventually I'd have to tell them, but at the moment, I'd like to prove myself to them first.

As we get closer and enter the astro, I see the team look over to us, which includes mum. She is looking right at me, smirking so I send her a quick scowl, without anyone seeing. She laughs and then continues their rondo.

Our team also begins a rondo, with Alex in the middle to start with. We pass it round, laughing as she tries her best to get one of us. Eventually, an unfortunate touch from Keira, leads to her being in the middle, and having to chase the ball. Beth passes me the ball and Keira is straight at me. Knowing her too well and having done countless one-on-ones with her in the garden before, i knew that Keira would expect me to fake one way and pass to the other. She would move one leg towards the fake but leave the other still so that she could change to the other side quickly if necessary. So I faked to the left, pulled it back quickly and tapped it straight through the space between her legs, into the feet of Liv.

"Wheyyyyy" Everyone shouts and I just run as fast as I can, knowing exactly what's coming.

"You bloody idiot" Keira says as she jumps on me.

"I know you too well kei"

"You'll pay for that"

"Sure" I sarcastically say back then duck and run the other way, escaping the next jump at me. I return back to the group, who have now started the next warm up and join them, turning to see Keira walking over smirking at me. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't care less however the fact it was Keira meant that she could quite easily do anything as pay back and get away with it. I could only guess what it could be.
Ep
One of the coaches, who was acting as a referee, blew his whistle, signalling the captain's over and we all bunched together in a team huddle. Once Alex has returned, she goes over the final tactics and encouragement and then we all run off, towards our positions. I would be paying in centre midfield, alongside Keira. It was actually the first match I'd ever played with her so it was quite exciting.