Chapter 6: The Union Between Sun And Moon

"Where are we going, ChoCho?" I snickered as she directed me just outside the village in a patch of cherry blossom trees.

It was beautiful.

"You'll see," ChoCho smiled suspiciously.

Looking at her with speculation, she shrugged as I followed her through the trees, suddenly my heart dropped to see Boruto standing in the clearing. Fairy lights littered the ground. Seeing a walkway made of cherry blossom petals, ChoCho pulled back and disappeared into the trees. I was just alone with him. Nervously, I adjusted my glasses as I began to walk down the pathway. Looking up at the stars, I felt the warmth of the moon. It was perfect.

I then put my hands to my side and anxiously played with the end of my pearl white dress. I knew what this was and flutters began to pulse in my chest. I understood.

I nervously looked at Boruto as he smiled at me. As I got closer and closer, I noticed that he was wearing a nice shirt and dress pants. It's funny because he had never dressed so nice before. We had been on countless dates before this and he had never dressed so nice. I didn't even know he owned clothes like that. Probably had gotten it from Shikadai. I then noticed as the lights flickered off his necklace.

Reaching him, he grabbed both of my hands and then my eyes up his chest and to his face. He then pulled out a ring and I instantly felt a wave of warmth course through me, like electricity. I watched aimlessly as he got down to one knee and then looked up to me.

I felt the warmth course to face, causing me to blush softly.

"Sarada," Boruto softly said, "You have been by my side when all the odds were against me. You have never wavered in your strength. I love you, your smile, your eyes, your laugh, your determination, and ability to overcome anything. And that's why I need you. All of you in body, mind and soul."

My friends began to shake. It wasn't until he rubbed the top of my hands, that I truly knew.

"Sarada," Boruto croaked, "Will you marry me?"

Suddenly, a burst of emotions engulfed me. The stars had aligned. I've waited a hundred years. But I'd wait a million more for you. Nothing prepared me for what the privilege of being yours would do. Feeling the warmth within your touch. Seeing how you smile when you blush. Or how you curl your lips when you concentrate enough. I had known what I was living for all along. What I've been living for. Your love is my turning page. Where only the sweetest words remain. Every kiss is a cursive line. Every touch is a redefining phrase. I surrender who I've been for who you are. For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart. Feeling how it feels to be yours. Though we're tethered to the story we must tell. When I saw you, well I knew we'd tell it well. With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas. Like a feather, bring kingdoms to their knees.

"Yes."

Immediately, his face lit up as he pulled off my feet and swung me around. I giggled as I kicked up the cherry blossom that scattered the grass. As we pressed our foreheads, he soon set me gently down and then slipped the ring over my finger. My eyes did not waver from his own. I stared into those beautiful blue eyes. He then looked back at me with a soft look. He was happy. We were both happy.

"You may kiss the bride," Lord Sixth proclaimed with delighted eyes.

Immediately, Boruto grabbed my cheek and pulled me in close. Embracing his lips we kissed. It was a perfect combination of his soft, natural lips with a little tongue. It was one that is meant to happen. It is by allowing my love to be found in you. Where I find my breath, listen to the heart of you. An arrant touch of willing lips coming together. To be a unity of breath on skin in love. How would you describe a perfect kiss? Hmm... what we give to each other is soft and tender. An arsingmiss to our hearts. To passion forever. This bond.