Chapter 5: The Prodigal Son Returns

It had been seven months since Boruto and I had reunited with my father and began training with him. And now we were on the border of Konohagakure. After four years, we were back home. As we approached the gates, we had shinobi waiting for us. After all, they knew we were coming as we made it apparent that we were surrounding ourselves. Boruto had erased my father's and I could sense he was nearby waiting for our signal. Immediately, the shinobi kicked in our inner knees causing others to fall to our knees. We then raised our arms for them to bind us and place sealing jutsu on our body and over our eyes.

"Come on, murdering scum!" a leaf shinobi cursed at us.

As we got back to our feet we showed disgust as they pushed for us to walk. Passing through the streets I grew up on, I grew nostalgic. It looked exactly the same but the demeanor of the citizens had changed. They were no longer happy out on the streets laughing and shopping or kids kicking a ball and playing in the alleyway. Looking over to Boruto with a saddened look I was shocked to see his eye narrowed forward as he seemed to be uninterested in what was going on around him. I then followed his eyeline towards the Hokage office. Kawaki.

Getting deeper in the village, I noticed as people looked onto us with fear. They were afraid of us. Some were scared and some were hateful. After all, Kawaki had told them that Boruto had killed their beloved Hokage and I had aided the escape. The eyes of pure hatred. I had never witnessed such a sight. It was horrible.

Suddenly we arrived at the doors of the Hokage's building and I looked up at the stature of the building. Had it always been so big and ominous. The dark clouds that loomed over the village gave it a sinister aura. How far has our village fallen from the hands of Kawaki, Eida, and Daemon.

Violently pushed, I stumbled through the front doors.

"Don't touch her!" Boruto threatened as he broke from the three guards by his side.

Immediately the sealing jutsu on his binding stunned him and he winced in agonizing pain as he dropped to his knees.

"Hey, wait!" I screamed, "Stop it!"

I tried to go to Boruto's aid but the strength of five shinobi held me back.

Boruto winced in pain as the shinobi in charge of escorting else continued to activate the torture sealing jutsu on him.

"He's had enough! Stop!" I screamed out before I felt a malicious chakra enter the room.

This was the same chakra I felt on that day. The day Boruto lost his eye.

"Kawaki," I whispered under my breath, causing everyone to turn their attention to the top of the large staircase.

"Lord Eighth!" the leading shinobi spoke as they all bowed and watched as he came down the staircase.

I looked at him with shock to see how grown he was. Kawaki was probably just as tall as my father and his hair was slightly grown out but the same style. He had a violet infinity scarf and belt, white overalls with his chest exposed, and black vest trench coat. Over that was the Hokage robe, I grimaced at the sight.

Arriving at the base of the stairs, walked over to where Boruto stood hunched over on the ground. I watched helplessly as he waited for Boruto to look up at him. But I knew Boruto wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

Suddenly, Kawaki let out a big kick to his abdomen to which Boruto winced as coughed up blood.

I struggled in the shinobi's grasp trying to step in. Suddenly, there was murmur coming from where Boruto was on the ground.

"What was that?" Kawaki mocked, "Speak a little louder."

My eyes then widened to see Boruto lift up his head and spit blood on Kawaki's feet.