⤿ two.

CHAPTER II:  'AHANA : THE ANNOYED ICE QUEEN AND JAMES:  THE INSUFFERABLE TOE-RAG'

CHAPTER II:
'AHANA : THE ANNOYED ICE QUEEN AND JAMES: THE INSUFFERABLE TOE-RAG'

( if u all see the name 'Inaya' please comment it as it was what Ahana was named before!)

AHANA DESPISED JAMES. Scratch that, she utterly detested him. Since second year, the raven-haired nuisance had made it his life's mission to torment her at every turn. She would've given anything to blend into the background, to escape the piercing stares of her peers, but with James Potter relentlessly on her case, it was impossible to go unnoticed.

She internally groaned, dreading the fact that tonight, they both would be alone— as head girl and head boy, looking around and catching students who snuck around during curfew. The mere thought of being alone with Potter, even for a moment, sent shivers down her spine.

Grimacing, she muttered, "Lumos," and a soft glow illuminated the tip of her wand as she stepped out of her dormitory and out of her common room into the dimly lit halls.

She stretched out her hand, casting the wand further away from her to see her surroundings more clearer. She turned towards the stairs, walking down towards the Gryffindor common room.

"You finally made it" James' voice cut through the silence, his smirk barely visible beneath the oversized glasses perched on his nose. Suppressing a groan, Ahana shot him a withering glare before striding ahead, his footsteps echoing behind her.

They walked alone through corridors, unable to find anyone, which was good as it meant that they could leave a bit early.

"So..." James broke the uneasy silence, his tone awkward. Inaya sighed, rolling her eyes as she stole a sideways glance at him. "Honestly, isn't this a bit... dull?" he ventured, his attempt at conversation falling flat.

"I mean, I thought we'd catch at least a few students sneaking around...but no" He continued.

"I couldn't care less," she retorted bluntly, her indifference palpable. "I just want to get back to my dorm and get some sleep, really"

Silence descended upon them once more as they kept walking, the weight of their shared animosity hanging heavy in the air.

As they continued their silent patrol, tension simmered beneath the surface, threatening to boil over at any moment. Ahana's patience wore thin, her annoyance visible as she struggled to maintain her composure in James' presence.

"You know, for someone who claims to not care, you seem awfully bothered," James remarked, his tone laced with amusement.

Ahana shot him a glare, her eyes flashing with irritation. "Believe me, Potter, the only thing bothering me right now is your unpleasant chatter."

James chuckled, unfazed by her sharp retort. "Ah, so the Ice Queen does have a breaking point after all."

"Watch it, Potter," she warned, her voice dripping with disdain. "I may be cold, but I can guarantee you'll find hell freezing over before I let you get under my skin."

A smirk tugged at James' lips as he matched her icy stare. "Oh, I'm not trying to get under your skin, Tej. I'm just here to remind you that you can't escape me, no matter how hard you try."

Ahana scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Trust me, Potter, I have better things to do than waste my time on you."

As the argument continued to escalate, James and Ahana found themselves hurling insults with increasing ferocity, each determined to have the last word.

"You're insufferable" Ahana snapped, her patience wearing thin.

"Coming from you, that's a compliment," James shot back, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

Ahana clenched her fists, her frustration boiling over. "At least I have the decency not to flaunt my arrogance like a badge of honor."

James smirked, unfazed by her anger. "Oh please, Tej. We both know you secretly enjoy the challenge of trying to outwit me."

"In your dreams, Potter," she retorted, her voice laced with disdain.

With the tension of their argument lingering in the air like an invisible fog, Ahana turned on her heel, her steps echoing through the empty corridor as she made rounds around the floor. Despite the late hour, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled in the pit of her stomach.

As she walked, her mind raced with thoughts of James—his infuriating smirk, his piercing gaze, the way he seemed to effortlessly get under her skin. Try as she might to push him out of her thoughts, she couldn't deny the undeniable pull he had on her, like a moth drawn to a flame.

Lost in her thoughts, she nearly collided with someone rounding the corner. Instinctively, she raised her wand, ready to defend herself, only to relax when she realized it was James.

"Watch where you're going, Tej," he quipped, his tone light despite the tension that still lingered between them.

"I think we should go back," Ahana stated, her voice cutting through the stillness of the night as she glanced up at James. "It's half past midnight."

James simply nodded in response, his expression unreadable as he considered her words. Ahana rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to retort as she sidestepped him, continuing on her way without a word. She could feel his eyes on her as she walked away, his presence like a weight on her shoulders.

Finally reaching the entrance to her dormitory, she paused, casting a glance over her shoulder. James was still standing there, watching her with a look that she couldn't quite decipher. For a moment, their eyes met, and in that fleeting instant, Ahana felt something stir deep within her—a flicker of something she couldn't quite name.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she turned away, and looked at the golden eagle resting beside the common room door "I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with the wind. What am I?"

"An Echo" Ahana answered. The common room door swung open, revealing the warm glow of fire and the familiar comfort of her surroundings.

With a weary sigh, she made her way back to her dorm, the events of the night swirling through her mind. She settled into bed, pulling up the covers to her face as she drifted off to sleep, the thought of James still lingering in her mind.

short chapter

short chapter.