Chapter 1 Watched by Allie and Emma

Three weeks earlier
Jenn's
POV
"Maddison I don't have time for this get your butt down here!" I yelled I got no reply my daughter was really testing me. I walked up stairs and into her room. She was sitting on the bed looking off into space. I looked at her and smiled saying everyone wanted to meet her she did not move. I sighed "you want to do things the easy way or the hard way?" I asked Still nothing I grabbed her tiny wrist and we she started to cry then i grabbed her other hand as she tried to hit me. "Maddison Mcallister stop it this instant!" I ordered she calmed down a little but I was getting tired of this crap. I had to be at playlist live in twenty minutes. Lia Marie Johnson volunteered to watch Maddison for the day. Maddison said whined a bit but when she met my glance she fell silent frustrated. "You behave for Lia." I said firmly Maddison looked at me defeated and allowed to carry down stairs.

I drove her to Lia's house I turned to look at Maddison she had fallen asleep. Smiling I shook her awake "Maddie, angel time to wake up we're here." She opened her eyes and I lifted her up just then my phone rang I picked it up with Maddison still in my arms rocking her in my arm.
J=Jenn
D=Dan
J: hello?
D: Hey Jenn how you doing?
J: Dan oh my god it's great to hear from you.
D: yeah so how are you and Maddison?
J: we're good what's up?
D: well I'm waiting in line at vid-con with a few other poeple and it's getting pretty hectic.
J: I know Maddison was not listening today and I'm on my way now.

Amanda's
P.O.V
I sat outside with Lia and Jenn when I saw Jeff's motor cycle a block away. "He's back." I said then I saw a blue blur pass him and Dan was in front of us. "By the way I gave Jeff like a 20 minute head start." He said pulling his cowl back then said hi to me and Lia."Your...the mystery hero." Lia stated dan looked at me.

"She doesn't know?" I shrugged saying seeing was believing then Jeff pulled up. "Hey thanks for the assist but I had everything under control back there." Dan said Jeff rolled his eyes.
"Sure you did." Jeff replied
"I was getting ready to make my move." Dan insisted
"What move, Dan he almost unmasked you." He said I smiled and threw my drink away.
Dan turned back to us asking what Jeff was doing in LA? "I've been tracking down a guy who is wanted for murder. This normally isn't my thing but he was using this?" Jeff pulled out some strange weapon and Dan looked it over? " Sai's Cool!" He said Jeff looked at him. "I mean that's awful."

Dan handed the Sai to me. "I figured since I was in town I'd come by see you make your move." Jeff said "Jeff's Dan nodded and suggested we team up. "That's a good idea we could use Ryan's lab  to get some answeres." I said Jeff shook his head saying the less poeple knew there was a sai wielding serial killer the better. "Fine I'll go I just need a ride and- Jenn was cut off by Dan  picking her up "why don't I give you a lift." He said then before I knew it the two were gone. "That is really cool!" Lia said holding Maddison "Amanda lets go." Jeff said and headed to his bike.

Jenn's
POV
"How about I give you a lift." Ridgeway said picking me up before I could blink I was at vid-con in a closet he set me down. "So what do you think?"
He asked removing his cowl. I looked around in shock. "I think I..." I trailed off as the smell of burning filled the air I then I saw smoke coming from my shirt!
"My shirt's on fire!" I screamed Dan patted the shirt trying to put the fire out. How ever the fire was on my boobs.
"Dan!" I screamed half shocked and half embarrassed.
"Oh, I'm sorry!" He said I removed my shirt now I was in my blue bra! I saw Claudia hunter March walkin in Dan had already changed into civilian cloths and was holding my purse I took it covering my chest. "I'm glad I decided not to go braless." I said Dan's friend saw the two YouTubers "Claudia you remember Jenn?" He said as if we were at a reunion. Hunter looked at me saying he'd always remember this moment.

"Uh guys can I have a jacket or something?" Claudia took a sweatshirt out of her back pack. "Jenn it's good to see you again what brings you to Chicago "not dan right." I looked at her Dan? did she really think I was trying too steel him? I put on the shirt saying "Dan no, us not a thing, I looked down that road and said I'm not dating a guy from another..." I stopped myself Hunter didn't know about Dan being from another planet. "What Jenn means is we're not dating." Dan said sounding hurt. As I went to the meet and greet I wondered how Maddison was behaving for Allie. After her being kidnapped we figured she'd be safer away from me for a while.

Present day
Allie's
POV
Maddison was having a blast playing with some of her toys. I smiled at her "I don't think you're mommy would approve of me buying all these toys." I said to her and laughed as she  giggled. Then kneeled down next to her and said "but it'll be our little secret." Maddison giggled again then my brothers started yelling at each other.

Emma's
POV
I came out of the living room and cast a spell that froze both boys. "Stop, if you have a problem with each other fine but take it somewhere else." I said then explained I didn't them to fight in front of Maddison because I didn't want to expose her to such aggressive tension at such a young age. Then I unfroze the two and they stared each other down. After a minute Allie's little brother stormed up the stairs and slammed his door causing Maddison to cry. I picked her up humming and it seemed to calm her down. Then I changed her dipper and put her down for a nap. Now it was time to try and cool down those hot headed brothers. We talked for a bit then I made both of them apologize to each other and went to bed.

Meanwhile in Chicago

Jeff's
POV
Dan was helping me with an investigation as Ridgeway we were both in costume him in his hero get up and me in the black outfit Ryan had made for me it contained a Utility belt that held my hand cuffs, gun, Billy club and mace. Ryan had also created gauntlets that could fire tranquilizer darts, a grapple cord, small blades and if I pressed a little blue button while holding my night stick it would become a sword. Dan had the power to change his arm into a sword.

As we continued to search the building Dan stopped and turned left I fallowed we entered a room with a girl hiding in the corner "are you Sarah?" I asked the girl nodded as Dan asked if she was alright? Her eyes widened as she gazed past the man. "It's him." She said simply the two men turned to see Jacob the crime lord unlike other criminals he was like Me and did not use a gun but was well trained with a sword.

"We need to work together." I said standing my ground ridgeway nodded As Jacob stepped forward "Ridgeway I didn't know you had a side kick." The man said "down on the floor, hands behind your head!" I ordered "come, must we fight in front of the lady?" He replied I pressed the button on my gauntlet. I stood ready as ridgeway did the same, Jacob drew his sword and told us not to assume that we had the advantage just because it was two against one. Then Dan and I both attacked at the same time.

Ridgeway and Jeff began the duel trying to confuse Jacob by using styles they didn't normally use; Fisher used an aggressive style, while Jeff employed balanced style—Jacob ultimately fell into their trap, and was caught off guard, completely, when they both switched back to their normal styles. Thus, the crime lord was forced to resort to throwing Jeff away and engaging Ridgeway, directly, in an attempt to overwhelm him. Ridgeway turned the mans strategy around, and relentlessly drove him up the stairs, at which point Jeff rejoined the fight, only to have Jacob suspend him in mid air, throw him against a wall knocking the detective unconscious.

Dan's
POV
as I saw my friend get thrown into the wall and realized it was now a do or die situation.  I charged at the man and kicked him he fell down the stairs. Then I leapt after him. Landing in front I unleashed a brutal barrage of heavy swings putting my body weight into each attack as our blades locked Jacob stared at me. "I sense great rage in you Plutonian. You have Great strength, God like power but you don't use them." I broke the blade lock and continued the offensive onslaught of attacks forcing him back I eventually cornered him and after a few more attacks I cut his hand off and impaled him. I made my way back to Sarah and helped her up.

"I'm sorry you had to see that but he was a dangerous man." I said filled with regret I hated myself at the moment what I just did went against my moral code to never take a life. I then went and checked to see if my friend was still alive. "We need to go." Sarah said I looked at her was she serious?

"What ever happens to us happens to him." I said making it clear that I was not going to leave my friend to die. I lifted Jeff up and put him on my shoulder. I then took Sarah's hand and sped both out of the building back to Chicago.