Chapter-15

Recap

Our table was at the last row, I and Andrew were sitting like that, that the door of the restaurant was visible to us.

I was just observing the paintings, one the door opened and he walked in.

Jason.

With his new wife.

.........................

"Excuse me." I interrupted the conversation between Dylan and Drew about baseball, stood up and went to restroom.

I stood in front of mirror, my hands gripping the sink tightly and I was staring in the mirror.

After some time Ana also came to restroom.

"Lily, are you okay? What happened?" She asked.

"Ana Jason is here with his new wife."

"Awh Lily, you have to be brave, you can't let him ruin your new life, right? You wanted to be a confident lady so be it." She said hugging me.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I chanted this mantra, for I don't know how many minutes and then my panic subsided and I sighed.

"Thanks I needed that." I said to Ana with a smile.

"Now let's go to our double date." She said linking her arm in mine and winked.

We got back to our tables.

"Everything okay ladies?" Drew asked.

"Brilliant." I said with a smile.

"Lily, I just wanted to thank you. After mom left us, he was just a shell, but you make him happy, like really happy." Dylan said sincerely.

"He make me happy too." I said half-hugging Drew.

I looked at him and he had this red tint on his cheeks.

"Drew? Are you blushing?" I asked teasingly.

"I am not." He said firmly and smiled shyly.

Like father, like son...

We all laughed and continued eating.

I never once glanced at Jason's table and after sometime, I even forgot that Jason was even here.

We enjoyed out double date.

It was fun.

After dinner, we separated, Ana and Dylan had plans, so they left.

And Drew was taking me somewhere.

We were both in his car, when he asked.

"Lily, What's wrong?"

I was torn between telling him or not but in the end I chose to tell him.

"Drew, I saw Jason at the restaurant."

 ..............................

Thanks for reading.

Vote.Comment.Suggest.

Follow

-Tani