Five: Holding Hands Would be Better

Everyone was staring at us.

Here I am on my first day of school, sitting on my seat as I waited for our professor to come and start my class. It would have been great if it was that normal but then with Lucas sitting beside me with his head lying on the table, staring at me with deep thoughts made my morning weird. The troublemaker boy was with the transfer, wow. No sarcasm at all.

I gave Lucas a glance and scoffed, moving away from him. It has been days since I agreed about that 3 month trial. And Lucas was still annoying me about it. What, does he want it to cancel instead of agreeing to it? I must have been reading his signs wrong. Now I feel a bit embarrassed.

"What are you staring at me for?" I muttered. I gave him a light flick on the forehead, he just showed a small smile as a reaction. See? He's weird.

Lucas sat up and began to face the front as the professor walked in the classroom to start the class. He gave me a light nudge and a wink when I glared at him. "I still can't believe that the Athanasia agreed to the trial. I wonder what was in your mind to change your choice?" He replied. "Now, it's your turn to stop staring at me and focus on the class."

He pointed at the front and began to ignore my presence. My mouth went agape. Everyone around us also scrammed away as if they were never there. Now I have more explaining to do later to those people. There is no doubt that there will be one or two that would come and ask what my relationship with Lucas is.

The class wasn't that bad. It was normal. It ended normally without Lucas trying to annoy me—luckily. I had no problems whatsoever until the bell rang for the next period. That's the time that Lucas and I had to separate for our next classes. We have different classes in the second period which is good for me. Except that I don't want someone to be with at that class.

"I'm going now," Lucas said as he took his notes with him. He suddenly took my pen and left it to me. I frowned, confused. "What are you doing?" I asked, pulling his collar to stop. "That's my pen, asshole."

"I didn't know that little miss perfect would call me that," Lucas commented. He put my pen on his ear so casually and turned towards me, pulling my hand off his collar. I raised a brow. Now he's starting to annoy me. "I have a mouth, I can say whatever I want," I answered which brought Lucas to let out a light chuckle. What's his problem?!

He copied my move earlier and gently flicked my forehead. It didn't hurt me but I took a step back when his finger touched my head. I immediately covered it with my hand as I glared at him. "Mom said that we'll be meeting in your home and talking about that trial. I just wanted to give you a heads up," He said. "And I'll be taking your pen. Because I have a hand, I can take whatever I want—" he's mocking me?! "—you can have my pen, princess."

He then left with the others, leaving me with someone who was still sleeping. I gave the person a weird look and left, not bothering to wake that person.

I went inside the next class and immediately saw a familiar figure sitting in the middle, three seats away from the board. I did not hesitate to walk and sat beside them.

"Hi," I happily greeted, nudging their side.

They gave me a confused look at first then gasped when they realized who I am. "Athy?!" They exclaimed.

No one could mistake someone who has silver hair and a tall figure with a clean sense of fashion. My friend, Ijekiel could only pull that off. And I was so glad that he's here with me in the same class! I don't have any problems anymore to be alone all throughout class and find Lucas later all by myself. I almost let out a cry as I walked in the room.

"Right, you told me that you were transferring here," Ijekiel exasperated, knocking on his forehead. "How did I not remember that..." He began to curse himself which I immediately stopped. The thought must have slipped out of his mind when he was busy doing projects. I remembered how he mentioned that he couldn't get to hang with me and Helena as he had a lot to do. Poor guy.