-68-

In a slick black Mockingjay suit, Katniss walked (bow in hand) towards Snow's execution, with a large crowd of rebels following behind her with anger but pride evident on their faces. Drums were being played in the background as the rebels march behind the Mockingjay.

A single arrow sat in the quiver that sits across her back.

It was strange to think that this used to be the place where tributes would be paraded in a carriage in a fancy outfit relating to their district to win the hearts of the Capitol, young and innocent children being dressed up like dolls.

Katniss walks closer to Snow until she is standing a few paces in front of the other Victors.

On one side, Annie is stood next to Anobaria and then Beetee in his wheelchair and on the other side, Peeta stands with Haymitch, Rosalie and Johanna on the end. 

"Welcome to the New Panem," Coin's voice rang through the crowd. "Today, on the avenue with the Tributes, all of Panem, a free Panem, will watch more than a mere spectacle. We are gathered to witness a historic moment of justice. Today, the greatest friend to the revolution will fire the shot to end all wars. May her arrow signify the end of tyranny and the beginning of a new era. Mockingjay, may your aim be as true as your heart is pure."

Katniss reaches behind for an arrow before drawing it back to her cheek and aiming for Snow.

And then it all changed in a matter of seconds.

Katniss' aim switched from Snow to Coin and she let it fly, ultimately hitting Coin in the chest and causing her to fall to her knees and off the platform as blood began to soak her clothes.

President Snow begins to laugh like a maniac, showing off his red stained teeth, and the rebels started to march forwards.

Nobody knows whether Coriolanus Snow died from choking on his own blood or being trampled and beaten by rebels but either way, it was a slow death.

Katniss, who had attempted to take a nightlock before being stopped by Peeta, was dragged away by two guards in full black gear.

The Victors had all moved to the sides when the rebels charged. They stood on a small ledge at either side, having a good view as Snow slowly fell to the ground.

Now that both President Snow and President Coin were dead, there was still a need for a president of Panem. But this time, however, the twelve district leaders called for a free election. An election which Commander Paylor won. She had, after all, become the voice of reason throughout the rebellion.

She made a good president, too, much better than Coin would've been and far better than Snow ever was.

She was fair and reasonable and brought peace to Panem for years to come.

The Capitol and the Districts still kept their names, though the injustice was gone and everyone was treated as equal human beings. The way it should've been from the start. No one died of starvation or disease from lack of food or healthcare anymore.

Rosalie Odair did decide to go live in District four, in Finnick's old house in the Victor's Village. Johanna lived with her in the three bedroom house.

She had help from Annie across the street. The redhead was very helpful through Rosalie's pregnancy, offering advice from experience. Every Saturday, Theo would go fishing whilst the girls stayed home relaxing, then he and Annie would make tea for them all.

Rosalie has never been more grateful for Johanna as her best friend, as the girl became her main support system and kept her strong through the hard times.