-53-

"How are we feeling today, Rosalie? I understand you've had some good news recently?"

Maria, the therapist, was a pale woman with dark but soft green eyes and dark brown, almost black, hair reaching just above her shoulders.

The room is decorated in soft whites and beiges, Maria's chair is white with gold legs and armrests whilst the couch Rosalie sat on is plush white with a sandy beige throw and matching fluffy pillows. The white rug on the beige wooden floor is pristine and the white walls are filled with photos of flowers with golden frames.

Rosalie felt as though the room was one more white pillow away from being a mental asylum with her wearing a straight jacket.

"Yeah, i'm engaged," Rosalie couldn't fight the smile that broke onto her face.

"To Mr Odair, I believe?" Rosalie nods. "Does that make you happy?"

"Very happy," Rosalie answers. "He makes everything feel better."

"What do you mean by that?" Maria continues after seeing Rosalie's confusion. "Without Finnick, what do you feel?"

"Fear, stress, worry. I just feel bad," Rosalie looks down as she begins picking at her fingers again.

Maria takes note of the action, "why do you think that is?"

"I don't know. I guess when i'm alone, my brain starts to wonder and I can't help but think about the bad things. My games, years in the capitol, the quell, the torture. It all comes rushing back to me."

"And Finnick makes it go away?" the therapist asks.

Rosalie nods, "he makes me feel safe."

"So what do you do when he's not around?"

Rosalie shrugs, "find Johanna."

"And what if she's not around?" Maria asks.

"Then I get lost in my thoughts."

"Okay, put yourself in this situation. Finnick's working, Johanna is with the doctors, you're alone. You start getting these negative thoughts. What will you do? Pick your nails 'til they bleed?"

Rosalie looks down to see her right thumb beginning to bleed. She sucks in a breath, clasping her hands together and placing them on her legs, one of which is bouncing anxiously against the floor. "No," she mumbles.

"This is what you can do. If you're ever feeling overwhelmed by negativity, you have to fight it. If it'll help, you could close your eyes. Then take a deep breath. Then think of something good, something happy. Tell me, what makes you happy?"

"My family, I guess."

"And who is that?" Maria leans forward.

"Finnick. Johanna. Luna." Rosalie looks at her hands.

"Tell me about Luna."

"She's a childhood friend, like a sister to me. She's still in District 11. Boggs told me she got somewhere safe, she's currently in hiding. Laying low with some rebel friends. Snow would've had her killed otherwise. Finnick's gonna try get her brought here."

"Well that'll help ease your mind, knowing she's safe." Maria puts her pen down. "I think that's enough for today, you did really well. Remember what we've talked about. If you're alone, think of happy things."

Rosalie nods and stands to leave the room.

"And Rosalie?" The girl stops at the door and turns back, "keep an eye on the skin picking."

When she closes the door, she sees Finnick walking down the corridor towards the room.

"Prefect timing," Rosalie smiles as the boy approaches, planting a kiss on her lips as soon as she's in reach.

"I am perfect," he holds her hand in his as they walk away. "So, how was it?"

"Not bad, we talked about stuff."

Finnick rubs a thumb over her hand, "picking again?"

Rosalie sighs but nods nonetheless, "yeah. She called me out on that too."

"Good, that is her job," Finnick smirks. "I spoke with Coin."

"Oh yeah," Rosalie turns to face her fiancé.

"Yeah, she agreed to have Luna brought in. She wants this filmed as a propo so bad we could probably get anything we want," Finnick gives her a cheeky look.

"We'll have to make a list," she hums back. "Thank you."

Finnick kisses her temple, "anything for you, darling."

"Can we take our walk?"

"Sure we can," Finnick smiles as she stands on her toes to kiss the tip of his nose.

The newly engaged couple spend their hour outside relaxing in front of a waterfall, listening to the water trickle down into a stream as birds sung to each other in the leaves above them.

Finnick had his back against the rock whilst Rosalie had her head lay in his lap, he held her left hand in his as he looked at the ring on her finger. The ring that says they'd be together til death parts them. His other hand brushes strands of hair out of her eyes as she looks up at him with soft eyes.

He will never not be happy to look into those soft brown eyes when they shine with happiness.