True Colors

~Angela's POV~

*Flashback*

I was sitting on my porch with my dad.  He kept yawning.  I laughed because he looked so funny in his pajamas, not to mention he was in public.  Suddenly, a man came up to him and demanded his money while pointing a gun at him.  He had a tattoo of a panther on his arm.  Next thing I knew, I heard a gun shot and my dad fell dramatically.  A black hole opened in the ground and swallowed up my dad.  I tried to reach for him, but I couldn't run fast enough.  I couldn't protect my own father.  Everything faded to black, yet the panther tattoo burned red in my mind.

*End*

I sat up immediately.  I was in bed.  My shirt was drenched with sweat  and my head was pounding.  It was still dark outside, so I looked at my clock.  4:00 A.M.  The light from the clock burned my eyes.  I slammed my back down and forced myself to sleep.

Four hours later, I was walking in the hallways of Lakewood High.  That place is filled with phonies.  These fakers are freakishly smart and will do anything to win, including cheating, lying, blackmailing, and more.  So basically, every Monday through Friday, I'm surrounded by a bunch of lying cheating fakers.  Most of them are.  There are some who are decent, like me (I swear I'm not narcissistic).  Honestly, I care about my education somewhat.  I mean, I do well in school because my dad told me to, but not as well as the fakers.  I just don't take education as seriously as those lying cheating douches.  Compared to them, I'm like Bart Simpson. 

I was in my own little world when suddenly, I crashed into someone and fell onto my butt hard.  The person had a really strong body because I practically bounced off of them.  I don't think they even moved an inch!  People started to laugh at me, so I glared at them quite viciously.  I was about to flip them the finger, but I caught myself midway when I saw a teacher. Detention was the last thing I needed. 

"I'm so sorr..."  I couldn't even finish my sentence because the guy was literally glaring down at me, as if he was staring into my soul.  This guy didn't even say anything; all he did was stare at me like I was his prey.  I stared back equally intense.  His eyes were a really pretty shade of dark blue, almost as dark as the night sky.  They were literally gleaming with life, yet they seemed dull.  His eyes honestly took my breath away.  He sighed after what seemed like an eternity of staring and broke his gaze.

"Just watch where you're going next time." I still wasn't breathing as he kneeled down next to me and handed me the binder I dropped.  When I didn't reach for it, he chivalrously dropped it into my lap.  More people laughed at me as if I were mentally challenged, but all I could see was the color of his eyes.

He slowly got up and dusted off his pants.  He turned to walk down the hall, but he stopped and looked at me.  I was still sitting on the ground with a dumbfounded expression on my face.  His eyes lit up with amusement.

"Are you ever going to get up from the ground?" he mused.  I gave him a quizzical look until I realized that I was still on the floor.  He offered me a hand and I hesitantly took it.  He tightened his hand firmly around mine and he pulled me up so strongly I thought I was flying for a few seconds.  However, I managed to recompose myself and brushed off dust from my butt.  He gave me a funny look, so I quickly clasped my hands behind my back.  My binder was still on the floor from my mini flight.  I bent over to pick it up.

"Thank-" I was about to say, but he was gone.

"Did she just talk with Victor?!  Oh my god, he's so cute!"  I heard girls say as I walked past them.  What was up with this guy named Victor?  He was probably just another loser like those girls.

After walking across the school, I saw Lucille grabbing her books from her locker.  She held them against her chest shyly. 

A guy whistled out loud and said, "Lucille you look hot today."

It wasn't anything new.  Lucy had a social life that any girl would die for (except for me).  All the guys wanted her for her body and reputation while the girls wanted to be her for the same reasons. I must've lost my mind that day because all of a sudden I decided I had to tell Lucille the truth.  After all, she was my best friend; she was entitled to all my secrets.  I had to tell her that my dad was murdered.  I don't know what compelled me to tell her.  It just happened.  I literally waltzed straight up to her and blurted out everything. 

"My father was murdered in front of me on my eighth birthday." I said really fast.

She looked at me with incredulous eyes. 

"What are you talking about?" She looked at me with wide eyes.

"I mean, that's why I'm so lonesome!  I don't talk to people so I don't have to answer the same old boring questions over and over again, so that's why you're my only friend, and you've been a real good friend, so I have decided to tell you-"

"Hold on!" She cut me off abruptly.  I gave her a how-dare-you-interrupt-me look.  She laughed at my expression.

"Let's go somewhere private so we can talk."  She grabbed my wrist gently and led me towards the library.  The place was unusually empty that day.  She sat at the nearest table and put down her backpack.  I did the same.  After we settled in, she had a serious look on her face.

"Now, tell me the whole story."

~Lucille's POV~

I honestly didn't know what to feel.  When I talked to her, Angela never brought up her dad, but I knew this was no lie.  Angela almost never told lies, especially about such a huge topic.. 

"So... What do you think?" Angela asked me.  She was breathing quite heavily.  Then again, she just had been talking for five minutes straight.  Did she even stop to breathe?

"Well... I think that's a lot to take in, I guess," I sighed.  I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

She sighed as well. "Believe me, I know."

"Have you done anything to catch the guy?" I queried.

"What could I possibly do to catch him?" She gave me a helpless look.  "I can't remember anything about this damn murderer.  All I remember is a panther, and that he-"  My ears perked up.

"Did you by any chance say panther?" I asked her with wide eyes.  Angela shot me a confused look, but nodded anyways.  I rubbed my temples because I was about to speak of a subject that I hadn't talked about in years.

"Well Angela, it's my turn to tell you about my past."

-----------------------------

Well, this story is longer than any other story I've written, so I'm not sure if it's boring or not.  I'm not sure what should go next.

Hope this was good!  :]

~PItakarot