Chapter 3

*Monday morning*
Alexia's Pov:
It's the day after competition and I don't know how to feel. Like I'm happy I won my solo and the group won, but I didn't win my duet. I guess I'm mostly happy but I'm a little disappointed that the duet didn't win. On the bright side I am now a permanent member of Aldc!. Anyways back to what I'm doing right now. I'm catching up on school. I already did 3 hours of school. Im already in my dance outfit.

I'm going to do the rest of school later at the dance studio

I'm going to do the rest of school later at the dance studio. My mom came downstairs and told me it was time to go.
             *Time Skip*
I walked in the studio with my new team jacket. All the girls were already here meaning I was the last to arrive. My mom went in the viewing room to talk to the other moms. I walked in the den and all the girl said hey to me. " What do you guys think pyramid is going to be like?" I asked. "Honestly we don't ever know how pyramid is going to go. Abby is very unpredictable." Nia responded. "Well I think I'm going to be in the middle row because the duo got second and I won my solo." I said. "Yea that's pretty reasonable." Maddie said. "What do y'all plan on doing after dance?" Kendall asked. Everyone said Idk. "I'll ask my mom if we can have a sleepover tonight." Kalani said we all agreed and started brainstorming things we were going to do. "GIRLS TIME FOR PYRMID!!" Abby yelled. We all walked in as the moms followed behind us. "Ok let's get right into it. We ALMOST had a clean sweep last week." Abby said looking at me and Chloe. I felt guilty because I know us getting second has nothing to do with Chloe whatsoever. It was all my fault for bobbling some turns. "Ok on the bottom.... Kendall. I heard your mom kept telling Vanessa to pull Alexia's solo." Kendall looked kind of upset with her mom. I was shocked because I didn't do anything for Jill to want my mom to pull my solo. "So your punishing her for something I did?" Jill asked. "Yes." Abby simply said. Kira tried not to laugh at Jill's shocked face. "Next is....Kenzie. You kind of draw my eye in a negative way because your the shortest one in the group." Kenzie only nodded. "Next.. kalani. Your technique was a little off in the group." Kalani nodded. "Next is....Nia. You still need a little more improvement but your still improving."  Abby said. Nia just smiled. "I'll take that." Holly said. "Next is Chloe. You did amazing in the duet but it placed second so your here." Chloe nodded. "Next is.....Maddie." Everybody was shocked it wasn't me. I was even shock it wasn't me. "Your here because you were the lead of the group. Your dancing and acting were immaculate." Maddie smiled and nodded. "And on top is.....Alexia!!" All the girls hugged me and cheered for me but that was soon cut short when Christi said, "Why is she on top and not at least on the second row?" Christi asked. "She won her solo." Abby simply answered. "She also bobbled some turns and made the duet get second. Your the first person to say second is the first to loose." Christi rlresponded. I stood there very uncomfortable. I guess my mom notice because she said, "Christi your making my daughter very uncomfortable. Can we just not talk about this right now." Christi just rolled her eyes at my mom so I walked out of the room. Some camera men followed behind me. When I shut the door I heard Abby say, "You happy Christi. She was happy but you ruined that because you were worried about the wrong thing. If she didn't have a solo trust me she would have been were Maddie is but she did have one AND won with it." My mom came out after me and she just hugged me and asked, "Are you ok?" I shook my head no. "Talk to me hun, how are you feeling?" My mom said. "I'm overwhelmed because this is all new to me. It's not my fault that I'm on top so I don't know why she's mad at me but also I feel like I should be where Chloe is in the pyramid and Chloe should be above me. I mean I did make us get second." I responded. "Honey it's ok that you bobbled a turn section. You deserve to be at the top because your solo won. Don't let any mom make you feel bad. Just let me handle her and any other mom who has something to say about or even to you." My mom said. I nodded. "Shall we go back and get finished with pyramid?" My mom asked. I said yea and we walked back in studio a. Everybody looked at me as I entered the room and Abby asked, "Are you on now sweetie?" I nodded and took my place back in line with the girls. "Ok let's continue. We have 3 solos this week and a group dance. The first solo goes to....Maddie." Maddie smiled. "The second solo goes to.......Kenzie" Kenzie smiled very big. "You have a solo because you will not be in the group dance this week." Kenzie nodded and looked a little disappointed. "My last solo goes to.......Alexia. You will be competing against Maddie." I smiled and nodded. I felt a little bit of pressure because Maddie is a really good dancer and I don't know if I can beat her. From the corner of my eye I saw Jill roll her eyes. These moms really don't like me I see. "Ok moms you are dismissed, girls spread out and stretch."
Vanessa's Pov:
As we sat in the viewing area I felt I had to asked Christi why my daughter being at the top of the pyramid bothered her so much. I was upset because she made my daughter feel uncomfortable and upset. "Christi I'm sorry but I have to ask why did you have to do all of that in pyramid? You made my daughter feel uncomfortable." I said. "I'm just upset that Chloe was third on the pyramid and Alexia was the one to make the duet loose." I nodded as a sign for her to continue. "She should at least be on the second raw. Cus I really think she should be where Chloe is on the pyramid and Chloe should be where Maddie is on the pyramid. That's what I really think." Christi said. "I understand where you are coming from but at the same time my daughter did have a solo. Not to mention she also won with it." I said. "It doesn't matter I still think I'm right." Christi said. "Well you can have any opinion you want but at the end of the day I don't like for people to talk about my child like that. Let alone talk about her while she's standing in the room." I said. Of course Christi had to be a smart Alec and say, "Ok well do you want me to talk about her behind her back." All the moms looked at mom as soon as she said that. "No. You really shouldn't being talking about my child at all but I'm saying if you are going to talk about her at least do it when she's not around. Your being very inconsiderate right now. You and Jill act so childish to be so grown." I said. Christi shrugged and rolled her eyes. Jill gasped and said, " I had nothing to do with this." "Yea for the first time." Holly said. Kira laughed and I said, "Yea but you did last week Jill. You had a lot to say and I saw you roll your eyes when you heard my daughter had a solo." Jill didn't saying anything she just smacked her lips. I'm really getting sick and tired of these moms having something to say every time my daughter gets something. It's only been two weeks. Not even two weeks and they want me to bring out my bad side.
Alexia's Pov:
As we are learning the group dance I notice kalani not really doing well. She was barley pointing her feet. Abby also noticed because all practice she was yelling at kalani about it. "Ok kalani what's wrong? Why isn't your technique how it usually is?" Abby asked. Kalani sighed and said, "Well my foot has been bothering me. I think I should take this week off from dancing so it can heal." Abby frowned at her and said, "Are you sure?" Kalani nodded and said, "I don't wanna disappoint your or the team but I just feel like that's what I need to do if I wanna dance by next week." Abby nodded as she inhaled sharply. "I'm sorry guys. I know you guys will have to reblock the number and that's on me." We all told her it wasn't her fault and that it was ok. "You will still have to come to all the practices." Abby Told her. She nodded and sat in the chair beside the music box. I saw her mouth to her mom what was going on and she just nodded.
   *Time Skip To After Group Rehearsal*
We walked out of studio a and walked in the den. "Kalani are you ok?" I asked. She looked kind of upset. "Yes I'm just a little bummed that I don't get to do the group anymore. I really like the dance." She responded. "At least she didn't just give you a solo because she automatically didn't want you in the group dance." Kenzie said. "Kenzie, this dance is literally to mature for you." Kalani said laughing. "Hey at least I made you laugh." Kenzie said. Before kalani could respond to her Gia came in and said, "Alexia abby needs to speak with you and your mom. So go get her please and thank you. Kenzie once abby is done talking to Alexia and her mom she will start on your solo." Kenzie nodded and I walked in the viewing area to get my mom. I was a little uncomfortable walking up here because I know Jill and Christi really don't seem to like me like that for some odd reason. When my mom saw me she smiled and said, "Hey sweetie how was practicing the group dance." I smiled back at her and said, "Good but umm Abby needs to talk to us." My mom nodded and we walked to the front desk where Abby was. When she seen me and my mom she smiled and said, "Ok I just wanted to talk you about putting her in ballet and tap." Abby said. "Well she's takes every class you have here. After all she is versatile and in order for her to stay that way she has to stay in all of the classes you have here." My mom said. Abby nodded and said, "Ok that's all I wanted. By the way, she's  a good dancer and she is very well rounded." Me and mom both thanked her. "Alexia can you send Kenzie in to studio a and you and your mom need to go do your interviews for last week." Abby said. I nodded and did as I was told.
                *Time Skip*
Me and my mom were doing our interviews and the producers told us to act like we were in the present. My mom went first. They showed her a clip of Jill asking her why she didn't pull my solo. They told my mom to tell how she felt about it and my mom said, "When Jill asked me that I was very taken back. This women is crazy if she thinks I'm going to take away my daughter's solo." I smiled as my did her interview. Not gone lie it is kinda cool seeing the behind the scenes of how this really works. After my mom was done it was my turn. I sat in the chair my was in and my mom was behind the camera watching me. The producers asked me how I felt about having three dancing on my first week and I said, "It's my first week and I already have 3 dances. I feel a lot of pressure because all three of these dances determine my spot in this team." I did the rest of my interview and went in the dancers den. All the girls where in here.  "Ok since we are about to leave let's go ask our moms can we have a sleepover." Kalani said. We rushed in the viewing room and we all asked at the same time, "Can we have a sleepover tonight?" All the moms laughed and my mom asked, "Who's house?" "Mine." Kalani said. All the moms said yes and we were all so happy. We all piled in Kira's car then went to her house. We will wore Kalani's clothes to go to sleep.
                *Time Skip*
We've been at kalani's for a while just making Musical.lys and gossiping about boys. "Kendall has a crush on everybody she sees." Maddie said. "That's so not true." Kendall said defending herself. "It kinda is"kalani and Kenzie said. We all laughed as Kendall rolled her eyes. "I'm hungry." I said. "Same. We should order pizza." Maddie said. Kalani order cheese and pepperoni pizza. "Guys to be honest I think Hawaiian pizza is the best." Kalani said. We all looked at kalani In disguise. "Yea kalani no one thinks that but you. Weirdo." I said. We all laughed we continued talking until the pizza got here. We all rushed to wash our hands then ate. After we ate I said, "I need something sweet now." The girls all laughed. Kenzie looked at me and said, "ofc you do." "I have a pantry full of snacks. Help yourselves." Kalani said. I rushed to the pantry and grabbed two arms full of things. Of course it wasn't all just for me. All the girls looked at me like I was crazy and busted out laughing. All we have done tonight was laugh. "Ok let's eat these snacks and watch a movie." I said. That's how we ended our night.
           *Time Skip To Wednesday*
Yesterday I learned my whole solo, so right now I'm just cleaning it up. "Run to the front of stage left then run to the back of stage right. And remember to hit the beats." Abby said. I did as I was told and applied the corrections. I love this dance. It's a little fast but I LOVE this dance. We went through it one more time and Abby said, "At the end just act like you have not bones in your body and whip your body around like this." She showed me how to do it and I nodded and did it. I was dismissed and I went home.
*Competition Day*
It was comp day and I was nervous and excited at the same time. I mean yea it's a lot of stress competing against Maddie but I'm not worrying about that at the moment. I know once It comes time to actually compete I'll get verrry nervous but I'll just worry about that later. We are currently in the dressing room getting ready for our solos. I finished my makeup and put on my costume. Maddie and Kenzie already had there's on. I walked from behind the curtains in a dookie green costume. I like my costume I just didn't like the color of it. Maddie had on a red silk like top and plain black shorts. Kenzie had on a red and black costume with a heart on one side of her shorts. Abby ran our dances then the three of us went backstage. Kenzie was the first to dance out of us. "Please welcome to the stage Mackenzie with a solo called "Boom Boom."