Chapter 18: *Knock, Knock* Housekeeping!

"How's the book tour going?" Pat asked over the Skype call, he was sitting in front of his desktop at home while I was sitting on the back bed on the bus. It's been a week since I've seen him, but he's called a couple times; when we have cell service that is.

I smiled and shrugged slightly. I didn't want to act like I was a child on Christmas. Yesterday when we were in Atlanta, Georgia, over two thousand kids were lined up outside, just waiting to meet little ol' me. Some of them were waiting as long as the afternoon the day before yesterday. They camped out all night just to meet me and tell me how much they love my writing. I couldn't have imagined that in a million years.

"It's going fine. Today we're in Jacksonville, Florida. Jocelyn managed to get two more dates in Florida so I'm spending a total of three extra days in Florida at the end of the tour." I told him that my two month long tour might actually be longer. But I've made sure Jocelyn lets me have a couple days in California before we hit the extra dates. I need to be around Pat.

Pat smiled at me widely and shook his head, combing his hair with his fingers. He looked tired and lonely, but he had a grand opening party to go to that night so he's probably been pulling all nighters trying to get everything organized. He sighed and leaned back in his chair. My stomach started to knot; he never does that unless something's bothering him. What is he about to tell me?

"Listen, Bow, I know that Matt's your ex and all but one of my groom's men had to drop out because he's not going to be able to afford the suit and everything. So I was thinking,"

"No. Absolutely not." I cut him off rudely. I knew exactly what he was going to ask, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. He wants Matt to be one of his groom's men. There was no way in hell he was going to be a part of the wedding party. I didn't even want him at the wedding, period.

"I need another groom's men, and Tal, Austin and Jack are already on the list. Besides, Matt and I have been spending a lot of time together lately, and I want him to be one of my groom's men." Pat was insisting on letting Matt be a part of our wedding party.

"We don't get along, Pat. There is a reason I dumped him, he is an ass." I reminded Patrick that there is a reason I left Matt and it's not because of all the drama, it's because of how he handled all that drama. Pat sat forward in his chair and pouted at me slightly.

"He's not. He's not an ass anymore. And I know that your mind isn't easily changed so that's why I sent him to Jacksonville,"

"Whoa! Back the truck up. He's here, in Jacksonville?" I demanded coldly with wide eyes and a racing heart.

"So you two can spend time together. He's going on tour with you until you get home." Pat just kept feeding me the great news. Please tell me he's joking. He didn't send my exboyfriend, the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with, to my location to spend some time together. Alone. On the road. For two months.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I want you two to be on good terms. And I'm trying to convince you to let him be a part of our wedding party." Pat's heart was in the right place but his head wasn't. It was up his ass. He was actually suggesting that my exboyfriend, the one whom I'm still head over heels in love with, come on a two month long tour with me.

"Is this a test, Patrick? Do you want to see if I really am over him?" I snapped at my fiancé angrily. My hands were balled up into fists. I couldn't believe what was happening. This must've been a test. This has to be a test.

"Well, if you really are over him then you'll have no problem having him on tour with you. I've got to go. I have a party to attend." Pat smacked me in the face with the truth before ending the video chat. I sat there on the bed gobsmacked. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe Pat was putting me and Matt on tour together to see if I really love him. My gut sank when I realized that Matt must've known he was going to be on tour with me when we bumped into each other at Starbucks the day I left for New York.

"Matty!" The lady behind the counter called. I heart almost jumped out of my chest when the bare-chested man brushed past me, his chest tattoos were directly in my face. I couldn't help but inhale deeply. I was intoxicated by the smell of axe body spray and sweat. It was as if he was trying to put me under his spell once again. But he already had me under his enchantment; he's had me like putty in his hands ever since the night Pat proposed to me.

"Don't get too wild on tour, Bow." He told me with a wink after grabbing his coffee. I growled shallowly and rolled my eyes.

"Grow up."

That manipulative ass! He knew. He knew he was coming on tour with me. He knew Pat trusted us alone together. He knows I'm still in love with him.

My head shot up when there was a knock at the door. My heart started to race and my mind was reeling through the thoughts.

"Knock, knock; housekeeping." Matt's rusty voice said from the other side of the door. I felt defeated. 

Hey guys!

Sorry this chapter is so short, it's just a filler chapter for what's to come. I promise the next one is going to be longer and more exciting and drama filled.

Remember: Vote. Read. Comment. And don't forget to tell your friends about social life ruining fan fiction.

|NecromaniacKat|