genius; eugene porter

(    GENIUS.   )
eugene x fem!reader.

summary:
after eugene told you he could make
bullets from scratch, you doubted
his abilities. but after seeing it for
yourself you're amazed by what he
was capable of.

story setting:
random warehouse
— season 6

warnings:

──── .·:*¨ ────

"bullets?" you inquired as you walked into the old run down building. with every step a loud echo reverberated across the room. you ran your hand along the equipment as you followed closely behind the brainiac. he led you to this dump, saying how he could now produce bullets.

at first, you didn't believe him, but wanting to prove you wrong he brought you here. not yet showing the other members of the group about his secret lab. you didn't question where he was able to gather all the material to make this operation work, but so far he managed to collect everything he needed.

"once i get this machine running in tip top condition, i will be able to start creating the coal mixture known as gunpowder," he said in his usual monotoned way of speaking. while he was rambling on about how the process works you couldn't stop thinking how amazing this was. he was able to make bullets, in today's time was like mining gold.

ammunition was not only used as a defense against the undead, but it also detoured any rogue groups from messing around with alexandria. "oh my god, this is amazing eugene." you say, making a small goofy smile appear on his lips. he turned away from you, trying not to break his strong exterior.

"this is going to do wonders for alexandira," you say in a cheery tone. you knew he was smart, but this was on a whole new level. you could see his flustered expression as you praised his work. he liked when he was credited for doing some good for the cause.

he cleared his throat. "affirmative, that's why i gathered all the parts to begin the construction process." he said. you looked around at all the minerals and other mixtures. he's managed to somehow turn this rundown factor into something to manufacture ammunition.

the way he spoke so calmly like this whole thing was nothing but a walk in the park for him. not thinking twice about it. "no this whole thing, its amazing." you praised his genius. he didn't seem to think this thing was a big deal, but you did. he was nothing less than a genius.

you wrapped your arms around him, making him flinch at the sudden contact. "you're amazing." it took him a moment, but soon enough he held you tightly in his arms. he wasn't much of a hugging type of person, and yet he just couldn't resist when it came to you.

"but i'm not doing this for the well being of alexandria, i could care less about a replaceable gated town," he said, making his intentions clear. you gave him a confused look, if he wasn't looking out for alexandria, then why was he making bullets in the first place?

he gave you a soft smile. "it's all to keep you safe and out of harm's way." he answered, making your heart skip a beat. the only reason he was tagging along with this group of survivors was because you were in it. he cared deeply for you, and you couldn't help but be grateful.

in the heat of the moment, you pressed your lips against his. you were somewhat surprised when he kissed back. though the sweet kiss only lasted a moment before you pulled back, seeing his flushed expression made you giggle.

"you're adorable." you tease, pressing your body against his. you enjoyed getting him all worked up over something as small as a peck on the lips. you cuddled up into his teddy bear like body, feeling somewhat safe in his arms. knowing where ever you went, he would always be one to follow.

word count
659