Chapter 3: And So It Begins

'Ello there! Hehe(:

I can honestly say that I have never written a chapter sitting in the car in Meijer's parking lot... until now.

I don't really have anything else to say except thank you for reading... So thank you!(:

Happy reading!! ·U·

PS: I dedicated this to MaroonMustache because she is AWESOME!! Love her! Lol Btw, check out her profile and her stories!!(:

__________________________________________________________________

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

-Lao Tzu

.......................................................................................................................

~ Aly's P.O.V ~

"UGH!! CLOSE YOU STUPID SUITCASE!!" I shouted while bouncing on top of my suitcase.

Laying upside down on top of my suitcase, grunting and attempting to zip it up, I heard the door open. My head snapped up and my eyes met bright blue ones full of amusement.

Ian.

He was looking pretty hot in his black gym shorts and blue t shirt that clung to his toned chest. I felt my face heat up as I realized I was staring at him.

"Like what you see?" He asked with a smirk.

I blushed even more and he chuckled, walking across the room towards me. I rolled off the suitcase and without saying a word, he pushed down on the lid while I kept repeating a mantra in my head. "Don't stare at his muscles, don't stare at his muscles..." I mentally slapped myself. Come on Aly! Focus! If I'm gonna be spending several days with Ian, I need to control myself.

Oh God. I'm mentally giving myself a lecture. Cue mental face palm.

In one swift movement, Ian zipped up the suitcase and with a smug look on his face, lifted it easily, (Oh my God his muscles!) and walked out of my room without another word.

I suddenly realized that in the past 2 minutes, I have greatly increased his ego. Psh, like it needs to get any bigger.

I looked around my room to make sure I had everything.

Clothes? Check.

Phone? Check.

Bathroom stuff? Check.

Oh yea! I almost forgot! I bought two of those old Polaroid cameras, (You know, the ones where it shoots the picture out of the bottom and you have to shake it?) for me and Ian to take pictures with. I also bought two journals, one for each of us. At the end of the day, we put the pictures we took in our journals. That way, we'll remember this trip forever.

Lastly, I grabbed a wooden box that was painted light blue with a cursive "A" engraved in the top.

Alicia's ashes.

Carefully, I set it inside a cardboard box, surrounded it with bubble wrap and closed the box.

Wow. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard Ian shout my name from downstairs and I stood up, sniffling, and grabbed my dark brown messenger bag, tossing it over my shoulder. Running down the stairs as gently as possible with the box in my hands, I cursed, realizing I forgot my sunglasses.

Once I retrieved my light blue ray bans, I ran to the door and saw my parents standing with Ian and his parents. They looked up as I shut the door on the way out.