★chapter one

Raie quickly poured another shot for herself and Tara as the latter rambled on about Chad's apparent jealousy at the party last night. She let out a theatrical huff as she clumsily twisted on the cap of the pink Whitney bottle. 

"Just fuck already, I cannot take this tension anymore." She joked, though somewhere in her words was a hint of seriousness. Trying to lighten up the atmosphere, Raie picked up her shot glass and flashed Tara her signature smirk.

"RAI!" Tara shouted with a giggle, her cheeks blooming in a rosy shade. It was clear to Raie that the two had feelings for eachother; however, they were too scared to admit it. 

"Says the one who eye fucks Ethan when he's not looking." Raie playfully slapped her arm, an indulgent smirk playing around her lips. She was thankful for Tara's presence in her life; she always managed to make the girl feel better.

"Shut up I do not." But it was true she did.

"Come on, one last shot before we finish getting ready and I think we're just about done pre-gaming." They both took the last shot with a disgusted look on their face as they experienced the harsh taste of the alcohol.

 They knew it was necessary in order to get into the right state of mind and prepare for what lie ahead that night. Neither wanted to be too drunk, just enough to help them let loose and enjoy themselves like they were used to doing.

"You can never over pregame, but fine." The girls chorused with a giggle as they all scurried off to their separate rooms to get ready for the costume party, which starts in two hours. 

Everyone moved quickly but with excitement in the air, knowing that tonight would be a blast no matter what. They were already looking forward to seeing each other's costumes, and discussing who went all out for the occasion. They had been talking about this party for weeks.

Raie slipped on her Freddy Kruger sweater, pairing it with a small black skirt and some edgy yet sophisticated black boots. She grabbed her curling iron, doing a few quick passes to give her hair some bounce and volume. 

She added a subtle layer of makeup, just enough to make it look like she wasn't wearing any at all. As she looked in the mirror, she felt satisfied with her look.

"Leaving!" She heard Mandy yell and a door close with an echoing thud. 'Those cunts left me' Raie thought to herself as she slowly rose from her chair. 

She let out a huff of frustration, feeling more alone than ever before. Carefully, she took her time putting on the finishing touches of her makeup and spraying on perfume to mask the smell of alcohol that lingered throughout the room. As she grabbed for her phone.

Striding out with her phone in hand she accidentally collided with another person and involuntarily let out a scream. And to her surprise, the other person hollered too? She looked up, startled and found herself face-to-face with one of her new close friends.