chapter : 6 : Risk and reward

"The stock market is based on two principles-" Coach began, facing the class,

"-what are they?"

Scott raised his hand, knowing the answer. Coach looked at him

"Yes, McCall, you can go to the bathroom. Anybody else?"

"Uh, no, Coach-" Scott spoke, "-I know the answer."

Coach broke into a fit of laughter while Reid looked at Scott to find that he was completely serious. Coach stopped laughing

"oh, you're serious."

"Yes," Scott muttered

"risk and reward."

"Wow!" Coach gasped

"who are you? And what have you done with McCall? Don't answer that! I like you better! I like you better!"

He walked back to the front, "does anybody have a quarter?"

"A quarter..." Stiles repeated, his hand digging inside his pocket to take it out,

"yep!"

Just as he removed it from his pocket, a packet of condom fell on the ground.

Ryan cleared his throat while preventing himself from laughing.

Scott was trying hard to do the same but a few laughs went out every now and then while the class went silent.

"Stilinski, I think you, uh..." Coach bent down to pick it up and handed it to Stiles who looked embarrassed,

"you dropped this. And congratulations!" He then walked back away.

"Extra extra large, huh?" Ryan teased from the desk beside Stiles whose face turned red while Scott let out a laugh, pursing his lips to make any more sound.

"Shut up," Stiles muttered, sinking in his seat, "that was all what was available."

"When did that happen?" Scott asked, amusement in his eyes. Stiles sighed,

"it didn't."

"Don't tell me that you just carry that in your pocket and wait for the opportunity to present itself," at Ryan's words, Stiles's eyes grew wide and he shook his head,

"no, no. We were about to but-"

"- Stilinski, McCall, Maxwell, anything you boys want to share with the class?"

"No."

"Nope."

"Nah."

"Huh, boring," coach huffed, rolling his eyes before he addressed to the rest of the class,

"risk and reward! Put the quarter in the mug," he grabbed a mug off his desk and placed it on the ground

"Win the reward! Okay, watch Coach."

He then walked a bit far from the mug and knelt down on the ground then he tossed the quarter, making it hit the ground then landing directly in the mug. He stood up, proud with himself.

"That's how you do it! Okay, Danny..." Coach looked at the boy

"risk? Reward?"

"What's the reward?" Danny questioned to which he answered,

"You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow."

"Coach, it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it-" he was interrupted by a very impatient coach.

"Danny, you know, I really expect more from you at this point. Really." His eyes drifted to Ryan who held a bored look on his face

"Ryan!"

"Hmm?"

"Risk. Reward," coach began

"The risk: if you don't put that quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop- the, the quiz. And- and you have to write an essay! Risk- more work. Reward- no work at all. Or choose not to play."

"Can I choose to leave the class?"

"You think you're smart, don't ya?"

Coach asked, frowning at the boy who nodded earning a fake smile from him, "no! No skipping the class. So what's it gonna be, Maxwell? More work or no work?"

Reid took the quarter Coach had placed on his table and stood up earning a large grin from the man.

"There you go! Come here." He went to stand where coach told him to and got down on one knee much like he did.

"You got this," Coach assured, nodding to the boy who already knew he got this.

The whole class watched in anticipation as he threw it. Coach held his breath in anticipation along with the other students.

The class erupted in claps and cheers when the quarter landed right inside the mug. Ryan stood back up, smiling at Coach who patted his shoulders,

"good job! No work for you. Who's next? Who wants the quarter?"

Stiles tapped his books making Coach look at him as he stood up,

"There ya go! There's a gamblin' man! Come on! Step up, step up!" Stiles went to stand where Reid stood earlier while Coach clasped his hands,

"all right, Stilinski!"

Just as he was about to throw the quarter, the door to the class flew open, revealing Sheriff Stilinski,

"Stiles..."

Thinking it was the coach speaking to him, Stiles brushed him off, "yeah, Coach, I got it-"

"-Stiles," his dad said in a much stern tone making him look at him, a look of surprise crossing over his features.

"Dad?" The Sheriff gestured for him to come outside and Stiles followed while Scott and Ryan exchanged a look as they both decided to eavesdrop.

________________

"so you guys think they kidnapped Heather to turn her?" Scott questioned as the three boys walked.

It turns out that Heather Stiles's childhood friend was kidnapped by someone and both Stiles and Scott think it's the Alpha pack.

"No they didn't , but it's not like you guys are going to believe me . " Ryan muttered.

"I don't know , they entered this town and these disappearances started i don't think that is a coincidence." Stiles corrected, "And besides Derek says it's easier to turn teenagers."

"What do you think, Ryan ? Do you still think it is not them." Scott asked, raising his brows at the hybrid in curiosity.

"I doubt it was them," Ryan responded,

"I mean, think about it. They're a pack of Alphas, right? Why would they want a beta? And if he was going to change the rules he would have started with me "

"He's right," Scott nodded, humming in agreement at the hybrid's words. Stiles sighed

"guys, I don't know. I don't care. All right? This girl... Our moms were best friends before mine died, okay? We used to take frickin' bubble baths together when we were three. I gotta find her!"

"We need to act fast , and you guys need to find a way to break through the vault or forget about your friends"

Ryan said in a serious tone making Both the boy look at each other nervously.

As Ryan started to leave .

_______________

Yellow there !

Brb with a new chapter pretty soon byee!!

And if any of you are anime fans i am interested in writing a " MHA " fanfiction or a " Black clover " one message me if you want to give me some ideas.

Don't forget to

Vote share and comment any suggestions to make the story better.