Chapter 12

[Time skip- 4 years]

[Darkmount Pass]

Inferna perched onto a tower, looking through the scope, watching the Decepticons below.

"You doing ok, Inferna," Moonracer's voice came through the comlink.

"Yeah," she whispered. "Wish I could start picking off the cons' already though."

Moonracer laughed. "Been hanging around us for too long. Remember, wait for our signal."

"I know, I know."

Inferna sighed, rubbing her optics, before looking through the scope again. She was right above the smelting pools, the lava bubbling. It surrounds a larger building, like a moat.

Their mission is to get into the building and take out as many Decepticons as possible, and collect some data on troop positions. But, it was heavily guarded. Any normal Autobot squad wouldn't dare take the mission.

Keyword: normal.

The Wreckers were the only ones willing to take the mission, like usual. The strike group only took missions like this- ones so dangerous that it would certainly lead to deactivation. It's why so many Wreckers never came back.

But, the longer she was in the Wreckers, the more desensitized she was to the death of her enemies. Inferna often thought about her close friend, Flamewar, back in Nova Cromun, fighting for her life. That kept her going.

A blue light appeared from one of the towers, and Inferna grinned. The signal.

She aimed at the metal catwalk before, where a few Decepticons walked and fired. It hit and ricocheted, bouncing around and narrowly missing one.

They looked up at the tower where Inferna was, and she quickly backed away out of sight. Her shot was meant to hit anything- just give the rest of the Wreckers a chance to get in unnoticed.

"Up there!" One of them shouted. "An Autobot!"

The Decepticon guards started to scale the tower, trying to get to her. Inferna aimed her weapon downwards and pressed the trigger.

Some of her shots missed, but the ones that hit knocked them down, taking a few others with them. Inferna's visor and mask slid over her face, protecting her from any blasts that the Decepticons fired.

Finally, it grew quiet. The Wrecker peeked over the edge, seeing the carcasses littering the ground. She wanted to lie back and power down- after all, it has been a while since she had a nice recharge.

But, her work was far from over.

She slung her blaster on her back and slid down the tower, running to the door. Her comrades were already there, fighting off the few Decepticons that were bold enough to come at them.