05 | Run

Cassie whimpered as she looked up at pairs of dark lust-filled eyes, despite her wolf being against it her body instinctively leaned away as they took a step forward. Damon noticed the move and looked away from her eyes to her tensed stance with a growl, as if sensing what she was about to do.

She was frozen in place staring in the eyes of the four people she had known for years, the knightley brothers? Her bestfriends? She never thought there  was even the slightest chance of any of them being her mate, let alone all four. But as all four of their deep voices rumbled across the clearing the one word she was dreading. "Mine." She ran away.

She turned around, stumbled forward like a new born doe before quickly finding her footing. She dashed into the woods, pushing her small wolf body past its limits as she heard heavy footsteps catching up to her. She quickly glanced around looking for any form of shelter when she suddenly saw a group of tightly packed trees, the trees were hard for even her thin figure to squeeze through so she knew it would be impossible for them.

Moments after she was safely settled in between the thickly packed trees, her mates came rushing towards them. Cassie couldn't help but admire them as there wolves circled her small clearing.

Four wolves: One with a shiny black coat, she was sure that one was Damon since it was the biggest, two of them looked almost identical with their dark brown coats, those two were probably the twins, and finally there was the last one with a light brown coat, probably Will.

The large black wolf let out a deep growl, irritated at the large trees that blocked his way to his mate. Cassie let out a small whimper at the sound, backing away as her tail made its way between her legs.

The wolves stopped their movements, eyes filling with concern as one of the dark brown wolves (Ryder) pushed his nose through a small opening in the trees, letting out a whine as he poked the white fur of his mate. He softly licked her hind leg as she curled further into herself 'She's scared, confused.' Her wolf linked them as she tightly shut her eyes with another whimper.

'There's no need to be scared little mate, we won't hurt you.' Ryders wolf replied back through the link as the other brothers wolves let out quiet sounds of agreement.

Damon's black wolf took a cautious step forward, slowly poking his large snout into another opening, 'Would you like to shift back?' He questioned.

'Yes please.' She replied, suddenly turning shy at the realization that she was truly speaking to her mates. Will ran back towards the her home as Cassie paid close attention to Damon's words, soon she was shifted back into her human form and handed clothes by a very naked Damon.

She quickly looked away as she snatched her clothes ignoring the laugh he gave in reply, she dressed as fast as she could, surprised to see that the guys were fully dressed when she turned back around to face them.

As soon as she was out of the clearing and within arms reach she was pinned against the nearest tree and her lips were captured in a searing kiss. She leaned her back into the sturdy tree for support as her legs became weak.

Jace, who was the one who was kissing her, slid his hand onto the nape of her neck, deepening it even further. Cassie placed her small hands onto his muscular arms but did nothing to remove them as she relished in the feeling of her mates lips on hers.

She realized seconds later what was happening and bit down, drawing blood from his lip as he finally allowed them to separate. He kept his hands in the same place as he looked down into her enchanting blue eyes.

Her eyes flicked from his heated gaze to his lips as she watched him lick at the speck of blood left behind, shuddering at the slow movements made by his tongue.

Will grabbed her by the waist, successfully pulling her from under Jaces' large stature. "This must be surprising for you." Ryder spoke, breaking the silence as Will continued to not so subtly lean further into their mate.

"For me? Is this not surprising for you as well?" She questioned, looking up at Will as he let out a small nervous cough.

"Well actually since we've already shifted before and because we have alpha blood, the closer you got to your first shift the more we were able to sense that you might've been our mate." Ryder explained.

"But it was never a sure thing until you shifted, that's when we really found out you were ours." Will explained further as Cassie's face had just started to set into a hard glare.

The glare stayed for a few more seconds before she dropped it with a sigh "There's a lot we need to talk about." Jace said from where he now stood leaned to the tree he previously had the small she-wolf pinned to.

Cassie looked to Jace with a confused expression, forcing her eyes to stay glued to his as she tried her hardest not to shift them to folded arms. Jace smirked, seeming to notice her inner struggle as he looked her up and down.

"Jace is right, we do have a lot to talk about with you Cass." Damon agreed, looking at Cassie as she let out a long yawn.

Will leaned down to his mates ear, softly rubbing her shoulder as he whispered in a low tone "You tired? Ready to go home?" He questioned.

Cassie tiredly nodded her head as she leaned into the warmth of Will's tall frame, Will let out a hum of understanding, knowing that the first shift was always the most tiresome and it didn't help that she ran away right after.

The guys watched as Will lifted their small mate, softly kissing the top of her head as she nodded off against his shoulder.

A/N: 2 updates at the same time now it's time to hibernate. 🐻 ➡️ 🛏️ ➡️ 🛌