Chapter 27

So..... after what seems likes YEARS, I've finally got the next chapter done. So...So...So...Sorry that it's apparently taken me 5 months to get this thing uploaded, but like I said before... I should be back to being able to write on a regular basis now that school is done.

So please....Read.... Vote.... and Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kansas POV

We climb into the cab that's waiting for us. "Take us to Crew at 4804 North Broadway," I say as I get settled in the back seat.

"So B was being really nice. What's up with that?" Sammy asks.

"I know, right. Not sure what's going on with him."

"How are things between you guys?"

"Eh, it's been better, but we're working on it. I think he's getting stressed out at work again. They assigned him a bunch of cases. I don't know why they do that to him."

"Probably because he's one of the best and they think he can handle it."

"I'm sure from a professional stand point he can, but they don't have to deal with his moodiness and crabby ass at home," I say laughing.

While I'm thinking of it, I send Braxton a quick text telling him that we're going to Crew first, that way he won't bug me all night.

Kansas: Hey babe. Just letting you know that we're going to Crew. Love you

Immediately I get a reply from him.

Braxton: Thanks babe for telling me. Have fun. Love you too

This whole mister nice guy act is kind of scaring me. How do we go from an epic fight Thursday night, to him letting me go out with Sammy tonight? I think I may need to be on my toes, in case this changes real quickly. It only takes about 10 minutes to get to the bar. We both climb out and I pay for the cab ride. When we get inside there's a lot of people. This place is usually hopping on a Saturday night. We find two places up by the bar.

I recognize the bartender from the other nights that I've been here. He comes walking over, smiling as usual. "Hey there ladies. What can I get ya?"

"I think I'm going to change it up and have a whiskey sour with grenadine," I tell him.

"Okay, and what about you?" he says looking over at Sammy.

"I think I'll have vodka tonic with lime."

"Sounds good ladies," he says as he turns to make our drinks.