Chapter 24 - Luther//Setbacks

The picture is a result of me editing while I'm half asleep. I will not be doing that again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I clutched my shoulder as Gomez raced through the dry streets of wherever the hell we were.

"Lex, stay with me muchacho," Gomez tried soothing.

I let out a cry of agony as I sucked in through my teeth. Where were we going to go?

"I know a place," Gomez said. "I know someone who is going to help us."

"Why did you let them take Ava?" I asked in pain.

"I didn't, you did." I started huffing before coming up with a comeback. "You said 'be my guest'. They pointed a gun at us, what were we supposed to do?"

I stayed silent for a moment. "What are they going to do to her?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I can almost guarantee that they are going to rape her. To...break her in."

"Break her in?" I asked in horror. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that they're going to sell her into, you know..." I didn't reply. "Sex slavery."

"Are you positive?" I asked.

He shook his head slowly. "This is Taco that we're talking about here. He doesn't like to follow the basic rules of Thug Life, sex and murder. He may or may not do it. If he's as smart as I think he is, he already is aware of Ava's disappearance and won't touch her."

"Just because he won't doesn't mean that someone else will."

"I was figuratively speaking. Not just he won't touch her, but everyone who works for him...that's a different story," Gomez explained.

"That's not what I mean either," I argued. "What if he doesn't want to be responsible for a wanted abductee, so he dumps her somewhere?"

He whipped his head towards me. "Luther," he whispered. "If that happens, we're all screwed."

"Why?"

"Because we will never find her before someone else does."

My eyes widened. I desperately wished that that boy hadn't shot my shoulder. I could've suffered through it better if Ava had been there. But she wasn't in my possession. For the first time in my life, I felt completely out of control. The one thing that I had held dear and been mercilessly taken from me and tossed into the jaws of sex and danger.

Anxiety was beginning to overcome me. My forehead burst into a cold sweat as my throat began to swell.

"Gomez," I whispered. "I can't lose her."

"I know!" he exclaimed, slapping the steering wheel. "I know. You love her."

"So much."

He let out a small chuckle. "You have a freaky way of showing it, muchacho."

"Well, I am a freak, after all."

"That would be putting it gently," he scoffed.

He pulled into some garage behind a trashy looking house. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to get an infection simply by walking inside," I scoffed.

He tossed me a glare. "It's no better than your shit hole back home, so quit complaining."

He got out of his car and helped me out my side. I winced the entire way, clutching my shoulder where the boy had shot me. Blood poured from the wound, sullying my white hands.

Gomez walked up to the screen door and rapped on it. A thin, darker-skin girl cautiously approached the door, holding a large shot gun.

"Ariana!" Gomez exclaimed. "Don't shoot us."

The girl's green eyes widened as she dropped the gun to the ground. She gasped as she came and opened the screen door.

"Mi hermano?" she breathed.

Gomez nodded emotionally. "Sí."

She ran towards him and hugged him tightly. He spun her around. I cleared my throat.

Gomez suddenly snapped out of it and started speaking Spanish to the girl. The girl nodded and led me inside the house, Gomez following me behind.

"My name is Ariana Gomez," she introduced. "I am his sister."

"My name is Luther." I looked back towards Gomez. "Is anybody ever going to tell me his name?"

She exchanged a choked up look with Gomez who shook his head. "Em...uh...no...." I rolled my eyes. "So, what happened to you?"

"Well, we had abdu-"

Gomez stepped up, cutting me off. "We were passing through with Luther and our friend, Ava. We were tricked into picking up two teenage boys, who then said that they worked for Taco."

Ariana whipped her head around. "El Taco?"

He nodded his head. "Sí. Once we arrived, they kidnapped Ava and shot Luther in the shoulder. We left immediately afterwards."

"Aye ye ye..." She muttered. She led me into a hot, dark bedroom and helped me onto her bed. "Stay here, señor Luther," she whispered. She turned to Gomez. "I will go fetch abuelo. You stay here with your friend."

She swiftly left the room. Gomez strode up to me and sat on the edge of my bed. I winced, still clutching my shoulder.

"Non of this would've happened if you hadn't gone and kidnapped her out of school."

"Shut up, Gomez," I rasped. "I want to know. What is Taco to you? Who is he?"

He sighed and bowed his head. "Taco is one of the greatest Drug Lords of all time. He distributes drugs that you wouldn't even know existed. I worked with him practically my entire life. But he..." his voice trailed off, obviously recalling a pained memory. "He made a mistake. A very big mistake."

"What did he do?"

"That, muchacho, is none of your concern."

"Who is your sister getting?"

"Our grandfather. He was a surgeon. He will operate on you."

An older looking man came in who clearly looked like Gomez. He had on a pair of latex gloves and a medical mask.

"Ariana, get me that pillow," he requested.

The girl got a pillow that was resting next to me and set it on the ground. Gomez turned on the lights in the room as I slowly got off of the bed and laid down where the pillow was.

The man pulled out a kit and filled a needle up with something. He lifted up a sleeve of my turtle neck and shot it into my veins.

"This will help numb the pain," he informed. "Now I need you to breath this in for about 15 seconds." He put an oxygen mask over my face. I closed my eyes and inhaled what he had to offer. Within a matter of seconds, I was out cold, stuck in the abyss of oblivion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I had a really busy weekend! Please submit a one shot to me! You can either send it by message, put it in a comment, or make your own work. I really want to see what you guys would write!