Chapter 18 - Luther//The Yellow Swings

I had poured my heart, my guts, out to Gomez. I completely confessed that I loved Ava Lane. She was my everything, and I didn't know why. I wasn't even sure that is was love. All I knew was that I didn't want anyone else to take her, to touch her, to even look at her, besides me.

I just wanted to be with her. Inside of her in every way. I wanted to be in her mind. I wanted our souls to be meshed. I wanted my tongue in her mouth and every other disgusting thing I could do. Was that love? Was that what this...insane obsession was?

"Gomez," I spoke.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Let me out."

"I can't do that, hermano."

I balled my hands up into fists and struck the hard, cement floor.

"Let me out of here!"

"Are you kidding me? You are way to unpredictable right now."

"Then let me see Ava." I heard no response from him. "Let me see her, you bastard!" I screamed.

"If you really loved her, you wouldn't do this to her, Lex."

"I do love her! Shut up you Brazilian son of a bitch! I've had enough with your Superman references! I am NOT Lex Luthor! I love her and it's nothing you would understand! I need her! She needs to belong to me!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH, LUTHER!" Gomez shouted. I shrunk back. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell that he was seething. "Ava is a human being just like you are. Put yourself in her shoes. Would you love someone who did all the things to you that you do to Ava?"

I clenched my jaw. "Maybe..."

"You wouldn't. Trust me. You can't force her to love you. And, to be honest, I think that you have ruined your chances with her for good."

"Don't say that, Gomez. I can do what I want with her. She's going to fall in love with me. She would have already if you had just stayed out of it!"

"Don't blame this on me, you would've have been caught by the police if it hadn't been for me."

"I was careful. I wasn't even at my house."

"Then...where were you?" he asked, perplexed.

"Ava's house," I replied with pride.

"And what were you doing at Ava's house?" he asked suspiciously.

"I was about to make her love me...until you RUINED IT!"

"If you think that raping her is going to make her love you, then you seriously need a reality check."

"Just...let me talk to Ava," I quietly requested. "Please. I'm going to loose my mind if I don't."

I could hear him mumble as he began to walk up the stairs. "You've already lost it..."

I waited silently in the basement as I waited for the soft pitter patter of Ava's footsteps to walk down the stairs. I heard nothing but Gomez's oversized feet and the thudding of rain on the roof. I looked out the small window and smiled. It was a perfect day. After a few more minutes of waiting, I grew impatient.

"GOMEZ!" I screamed. "Where is she?"

I heard him thump back down the stairs again. He opened the door. He was the only one standing there. I furrowed my brows.

"Where is Ava?" I demanded. He shrugged.

"I don't know. She's not here, I think that she ran off."