CHAPTER 17: A LONGER VACATION

That day, Jake arrived at his late grandmother's house; the place where he stays after his parents' death.

"Phew. Full of dust" muttered Jake alone. He then making a phone call to local cleaning company to help him clean the house. He then went to check his backyard when suddenly, he's greeted by someone. He turned around and saw Wyatt and Toni Storm.

"What are you both doing here?" asked Jake.

"Well, we went to visit my grandmother at Merseyside. Then, we just walked around here" replied Toni.

"I see. So, you both got some days off, huh" said Jake.

"Yes. Being a WWE Champion is so exhausting. Need to be here and there. Your accident might be a bless from God for you" replied Wyatt. Jake chuckled.

"Well, maybe you're right about that" said Jake.

"By the way, want to join us for dinner together later on?" asked Toni.

"Sure but make sure it's a private place. You know, keep on the kayfabe" replied Jake.

"Very well. We'll pick you up later on" said Wyatt.

"Okay, lads. See you later" replied Jake. After bumped fist with Jake, the couple walked away.

"You have new friends now, huh. No wonder that you abandoned me" Jake turned around and saw Tooney.

"You're the one that turned your back on me, Tooney. I never did" replied Jake.

"Then, why did you ignore me this whole year?" asked Tooney.

"Like you gave that look when I return to the training pitch after a year? At least those 2 and some other colleagues accept me as who I am" replied Jake.

"I told you that I'm sorry. Delaila and I are giving you the 2nd chance. But you shoved us away" said Tooney.

"Because you both deserved it. That bitch ruined my football career forever while you were siding with her. Just stay the fuck out of my way. I don't need that bitch, I don't need you and I definitely didn't need Manchester United. Stop riding my coattail" said Jake before leaving Tooney alone.

That night;

Jake is having dinner with Wyatt and Toni.

"You okay, bro?" asked Wyatt.

"Of course I am" replied Jake.

"Something in your head?" asked Toni. Jake sighed before told the couple about Tooney.

"Really? She still thinks you need a pity?" asked Toni.

"That's true" replied Jake.

"Well, I guess you made a right decision by open up to some of us in WWE" said Wyatt.

"That's true. Or you will still be a loner right now" said Toni.

"Well, I have to thank people like Steff and Brianna for trying so hard to befriend with me" replied Jake.

"That's true. Now, even the like of Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar respect you" said Wyatt.

"So, what's next for you?" asked Toni.

"Well, who knows. Triple H wants me to focus on recovering first for now" replied Jake.

"Well, I think he will made you go to the WWE title first since you never being pinned or submit in the title match" said Wyatt.

"And we'll have The Wanderer vs The Danger Zone again? I'll make sure that the match will be a normal match" replied Toni.

"Hope not. At least made it a steelcage match" said Wyatt.