CHAPTER 7: LEARN TO TRUST

That day, Jake is doing a workout  at the gym inside the hotel he was staying at. Once he was done, he went straight to the restaurant to have lunch. After he ordered his food and drink, suddenly, someone came and sat right in front of him.

"Seriously, Newell. What do you want?" asked Jake.

"I'm trying to be your friend" replied Tegan.

"Not interested" said Jake.

"Really? Why are you so arrogant?" asked Tegan.

"No, I'm not. Last time I had plenty of friends, they ended up turning their back on me. So, no thanks. Go and find another person to be your friend" replied Jake. Tegan scoffed.

"Seriously, Walker? You never greet anyone in the locker room and when someone finally approaches you, you simply reject?" asked Tegan.

"Yes. Did I bother anyone? No. Did I harm anyone? No. So why don't you just stop bothering me and leave me alone" said Jake.

"You're so lonely" said Tegan.

"Well, a bit of a spoiler, Miss Newell. I was a prisoner. Inside the prison, I was on my own to survive. Friends who?" replied Jake.

"Whatever, Walker!" said Tegan before she walked away.

"What a pain in the ass" muttered Jake alone.

"You shouldn't do that" said Wyatt that came by with Toni.

"Again, mate. That's none of your business" replied Jake.

"You'll never get a girlfriend if you treated ladies like that" said Toni.

"The last time I had a girlfriend, I got framed and sent to the prison by the court. So, I'd rather be alone" replied Jake.

"You can't assume everybody is the same" said Wyatt.

"Oh, yes I can. Besides, it's none of your business" replied Jake.

"It is. Because you're hurting our co-workers' feelings. You better apologise to her" said Toni.

"Hell no. You know what, you made me lose my appetite already. Excuse me, waiter. Change my order from dine-in to take away please" said Jake.

"Yes, sir" replied the waiter. Jake then finished his water. After his meals arrived, he made a payment and returned to his room.

"Can you believe that, babe?" asked Toni.

"Well, I remembered the time where he plays for the England National team in the World Cup. He seems very happy with his teammates based on their social media post" said Wyatt as she and Toni took a seat at their table.

"I know. I guess prison changed him a lot" replied Toni.

"I don't think it's because of the prison, babe. It must be something his former teammates make him hard to trust" said Wyatt.

"I see. So, he needs help?" asked Toni.

"Of course he needs it. But, the question is what type of help? As you can see, he rejected Steffanie and ran away from Brianna of NXT" replied Wyatt.

"He's complicated" said Toni. Wyatt just nodded.

That night;

As soon as Jake arrived at the arena, he was summoned to Triple H's office.

"You're calling for me, boss?" asked Jake.

"Yes, Jake. Take a sit, please" replied Triple H. Jake nodded before took a seat.

"So, boss. Am I in trouble?" asked Jake. Triple H smirked.

"No, you're not, son. I heard from some other superstars that you are always alone. Do you have problems with your co-workers?" asked Triple H.