𝐢. 𝐢 ━━ 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎 𝑑𝑜𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟?

━━━ ☦︎ Renée ☦︎ ━━━

Jeneora Rock seemed like the perfect place to hide out. It was a sleepy town in the middle of No Man's Land's endless desert, full of kind and unassuming people from all walks of life. The place was fairly prosperous, too, because it was in possession of a pair of plants.

When Renée Valentine stumbled across Jeneora Rock, it was like a dream come true. They needed a doctor and Renée needed to lay low and gather information. It was the perfect arrangement and nothing had managed to go wrong.

Until Vash the Stampede showed up, of course.

The first time, he helped Renée take out some crooks who were trying to steal the plant. Vash was supposed to be this hardened criminal outlaw, or so the rumors said, but in reality he was almost childlike in his demeanor, crying easily and avoiding violence at all costs. It was almost silly how much different the Vash Renée met was from how he was described by the military and the press, though he did tend to attract trouble wherever he went.

More than anything, that was Renée's problem with Vash: he attracted way too much attention for her liking. But, he did seem like a sweet little guy and Renée couldn't exactly fault him for it. If anything, Vash the Stampede was probably more like Renée Valentine than she would like to admit━they were both running from something they hoped would never catch up.

Renée's "office," though it was more like an apartment, was situated toward the center of Jeneora Rock. The sign on the front was fairly run down, since Jeneora Rock hadn't had a doctor for a long time.

With their water-producing Plant taking a turn for the worse in the past year, a doctor was what they really needed. The water they bought from the next town wasn't exactly clean and sickness quickly spread amongst the residents of Jeneora Rock.

When Renée, under the fake name Valerie Rain, happened to take a pit stop to rest and gather more supplies, she was begged to stay and help once the townsfolk found out she was a medic. Renée had been wanting to settle down for a while anyway, so she took the job, on the condition that they take care of her tomas, Lucky. Of course, they were more than happy to.

A few months later and the Jeneora Rock clinic was up and running successfully. Shipments of medicine were being ordered for Renée's new practice and even people from the next couple of towns over were coming to have their sicknesses cured and injuries treated.

As a gift, the people of Jeneora Rock even gave Renée a new jacket to replace the one she had, reasoning that such a good soul should have something nice to wear. Renée wanted to refuse that jacket more than anything. Her soul was far from good, but it wasn't like they knew that. All they saw was the doctor, Valerie Rain, who came to them at the right time, not the person Renée used to be.

It looked like a stylish doctor's coat: a collar at the neckline, pure white in color, and lined in teal fabric that matched Renée's eyes. Bright teal crosses had been stitched onto each shoulder of her sleeve and the emblem that was painted onto the Jeneora Rock had been stitched onto the back. The sleeves had a slight bit of poof to them and ended just below her elbows and the jacket's hem reached to her mid thighs.

Renée was grateful for the length, as it gave her the ability to conceal the guns fastened to each of her hips by brown leather holsters. Her cropped black shirt had a high neckline and long sleeves that hooked onto her middle fingers to keep from riding up her arms and Renée also wore tight black high-waisted pants and a pair of sturdy black boots. Her everyday clothing was finished off by a pair of black sunglasses with silver blinders that reached toward her face from the sides of the rims.