Chapter 4.

3rd POV

Artemis had just returned from her Hunt with some of the Hunters. She had reached her tent which was on the outer-edges of the camp, before she heard a weeping voice.

Artemis crept up to her tent and listened in to what was happening. Only Percy & Thalia could go in her tent without her permission, Thalia was with Artemis on her hunt, and couldn't have possibly gone into her tent in the meantime.

And yet, Percy had stayed behind.. If something happened to him.

Percy was family to Artemis, if something happened to him, she would see red.

"-Only Artemis thought differently, and allowed me to stay here,". It was definitely Percy's voice.. but who was he speaking to?

Then she heard more weeping. By now Artemis had had finally enough and opened the doors to her tent. What she saw inside sent a shock straight down her back.

Percy, the only man she trusted and a brother to her, was crying on the floor of her tent, and comforting him was someone who Artemis had thought to be dead for the past 3 to 4 years, Zoe Nightshade.

Artemis quickly closed the flap, which signaled her arriving to the pair. Zoe looked up, as did Percy, except with eyes rimmed with red, as if he had just cried his heart out.

"Milady-,". Zoe tried speaking to her.

"What happened to Percy,". It wasn't a question, more like an order. An order to tell her what had happened to the Guardian of the Hunt.

Artemis kneeled next to duo and stared Percy into his dull eyes, as if he had just died inside.

"Percy, speak to me,".

Percy choked on the words as he explained explaining what had happened to Zoe.

"I- I.. I didn't- I didn't know- didn't know.. it would- would end this- this way.." He stumbled on his words. Artemis had never seen Percy this way, she had thought that after some time, Percy would heal, but the wound seemed much fresher than she thought.

"Zoe..". Zoe focused on Artemis, as if wondering what Artemis wanted from her.

"Yes, Milady?".

"What.. How did you.. return?". Zoe gazed back to Percy, giving him a small smile, him returning one moments later.

"I.. I don't exactly know. From what Percy told me, he had returned Riptide-,". Percy's eyes widened, and he shook his head.

"Percy?".

It took a moment too long, as if he wasn't exactly sure with his decision. Could returning Riptide really have taken away such a big part of him?

"I.. I needed to get it away from me.. It only brought back memories from.. from there. I just couldn't live with seeing it again.." Then a tiny smiled tugged at the ends of his lips. "I guess it was the final piece to bringing back Zoe,". He laid his head against the ground of the tent, letting the crystal clear tears fall to the ground without stopping them.

Artemis looked to Zoe. "Well, I am most glad to see the return of a past hunter, especially one as skilled and loyal as you, Zoe,". The last piece sent a little tremor through Zoe's body, could something have happened to her..

No. Artemis pushed those thoughts aside as they lay beside Percy, and Zoe explained what had happened in the sky realm.

An hour could have passed, and yet the trio didn't notice, as they exchanged stories over the past few years. Some made them laugh, others made them remorse, others brought tears to their eyes. But soon enough dinner had come, and it was time to tell everyone of Zoe's arrival.