football

Wally is going crazy with football night because he used to play. You get up and leave. "Y/n where are you going it's foo-" Wally starts but you cut him off. "Football night I know and I give up!" You say and leave.

Football game

Your kind of just sitting at a table as everyone goes and seats themselves on the bleachers. Wally comes over with food. "Here I grabbed you some too, hot dogs and cola" he says. "No thanks, hot dogs give me bad deja vu" you say. "Are we still talking about the same kind of hot dog? Because I'm talking about these delicious things right here I don't know what your thinking about but I can guess" he says laughing. "No no no, I mean the food" you say. "Well if you think of it the right way they are both technically fo-" he starts to say but you punch him in the arm telling him that he should probably shut the fuck up. You both laugh. "My mom used to get drunk and sometimes I'd have to make dinner for myself, and what does every 7 year old know how to make?" You say. "Hotdogs" he answers. "Sometimes I would have them normal but other times I'd get creative, like weiner dog Lincoln, which sounds dirty but I swear I didn't mean it like that" you say as you both laugh. You both talk for a bit and the game starts going. Wally sees his mom. "There, there's my mom!" He says. "So whats your story then?" You ask. "Football injury in one of my games the guy tackled me and it killed me. That was back in like 84? I think. My mom she kept saying how badly she wanted me playing when the couch sat me down because of my knee and I told her I'd play again alter and she said later wasn't good enough and that I needed to make her proud" he laughs for a second. "And then when I was on again I got tackled so hard I died, she comes to every game. I always think for some reason that by watching with her or even coming to these games that she'd be proud of me, I just really wish I had made her proud when I was alive" he says. "Wally, I know you did. You make everyone proud and put a smile on their faces no matter how bad their day is, that should be just enough to make her proud" you say. "Yeah it should be" he says.

Later

Your watching the game and you see wally sitting down looking at his mom. His smile slowly drops and he looks down for a moment. He takes off his jersey which you have like, barley ever seen him do. He stands up and looks at the game. He looks at you and smiles. You smile and let go of the railing trying to wave a little bit but sadly failing an falling. You get up quickly looking at him, waving, and laughing in an awkward manner before looking at the ground, eyes widened whispering curses at yourself. Wally looks down laughing slightly and looking down.  You get on the railing before an idea pops in your head. You smile to yourself jumping off. You run onto the field trip start running around. You give up after about 5 minutes so you lay in the middle of the field. Wally runs onto the field. "Y/n what are you doing?" He says. "Do you have eyes or are you blind? I'm laying in the middle of the field" you say. "Yeah I'm wondering why" he says.
"Because I'm dead, no one can see me, feel me, or touch me. That's the beauty of being dead" you say. "I can see you, feel you, and touch you" he says. You give him a weird look. "No shit Sherlock" you say. "I didn't mean it like that" he says. "I don't care" you say standing up. "You could've layed down anywhere and you had to choose the middle of the football field" he says. "Yeah I did because I'm me" you say. "Okay that got off track, so I was wondering. If maybe, you don't have to if you don't want to which would totally be okay with me but I would really like if if you would but you don't have to but like if you want to that's also good to but like I said-" he says but you cut him off. "Cut to the point loverboy" you say. "Okay so I was wondering which would be totally be okay if you said no but I would really like if you said yes, if you would go to prom with me" he says. "Yeah sure" you say. "Oh thank God, if you said no I think I might have died again, so we're going to prom! As friends!"he says excitedly punching the air. You can't help but feel but a little disappointed that he just wanted to go as friends but it is what it is I guess. You think to yourself. "Yeah" you say. "Okay, okay, so thats on!" He says walking off.