Chapter 9 - Hunted

Flashback

"I'm glad you've changed, Lappland. I appreciate it greatly," said Y/N, his voice tinged with genuine warmth.

Lappland, stunned by the statement responded. "In what way?" she inquired, her tone curious.

He smiled, his eyes reflecting sincerity. "In your overall demeanor. You're a lot more... approachable now. It's good. Or at least that's how I think."

Lappland's eyes softened, and she shifted her weight slightly, her demeanor less guarded. "Oh, well, we all have to make sacrifices for the good of everyone."

Y/N nodded in agreement. "Yes, it's essential until we change. It's something I have to do constantly as the leader of Rhodes Island. However, it's quite fun, as most of the time, it involves me getting accustomed to many different situations."

Lappland's lips curled into a faint smile. "It's fun for me to meet people and find out how they fight."

Y/N chuckled. "Looking to expand your fighting skills? We've seen our fair share of battles, so I'm not surprised."

Lappland's eyes sparkled with a strange enthusiasm. "Always."

Flashback End

Time: ??:?? / Visibility: 14km / Weather: Snowing / Location: Siracusa Edges

"You believe in destiny, Texas?" Blaze settled down right next to Texas.

Texas leaned back, her brow furrowing in thought. "Not really," she replied, her words measured.

"Well I do, I think it's my destiny to kick ass." She smiled. Her confidence radiated like a beacon.

Texas considered Blaze's response further, her gaze distant. "I haven't thought of it much, but what I do know is that everything happens simply because that's how things turned out from someone else's choices... regardless of whether it was good or bad."

"That's a good answer. The only problem with destiny is the patience involved. As if time didn't go slow already, now I have to wait until the time is right."

"Your purpose is pretty grand so I don't think it's too bad. You're a good fighter, Blaze. Not to forget a good person also."

"Thanks. I can say the same for you. I just hope we get there in time now. To Siracusa and all."

"I'm sure we will. The Doctor is resilient enough but with Lappland, you can't know."

"Siracusa is her home and everything right?"

"Correct. Which is why she's there all of a sudden, might as well know where you'll be fighting, your last stand."

"Amiya wanted to hire a commission to help us out but Ch'en was quite against it. I'm pretty sure it's got stuff to do with image and safety reasons but I think it's a good idea. The more the merrier."

"The more the merrier... yeah. Not like the whole world knows about what happened."

The squadron landed in Siracusa around half a day later when they made their plan. The air was cold and not desirable for the bunch.

"Alright, you know just huddle around me if you get cold!" Blaze huffed as heat radiated from herself.

"Nice to know we have our little candle." Ch'en snickered.