Chapter 8 - Siracusa

Time: ??:?? / Visibility: ??km / Weather: Snowing / Location: ???

The snow-covered landscape of Siracusa stretched out before the figures, a desolate and unforgiving terrain that seemed to reflect the bleakness in their hearts. The biting cold seemed to seep into their very bones, matching the emptiness that they felt inside.

He watched as she gazed out into the distance, her eyes reflecting the emptiness of the landscape.

There was a profound sense of loneliness that hung over him, a reminder that they were now a prisoner. As much as she claimed to love him, he couldn't help but wonder if their it was doomed from the start.

They trudged through the snow, each step seeming to take them further away from the world they once knew.

Finally, Lappland gestured towards a rocky outcropping. "We'll stop here for a bit. I need to rest my legs," she said, her voice rough and cold.

Y/N nodded, grateful for the chance to catch his breath. Lappland set down her bag and pulled out a small camp stove, a kettle, and some tea bags. "Here," she said, thrusting a cup toward Y/N. "Drink this. It'll warm you up."

Y/N hesitated for a moment before taking the cup. It was hot and bitter, but it did the job. He took a sip and felt the warmth spread through his body. "Thanks," he said softly.

"I'm glad you're more calm now, it took a while for you to start warming up to me." She said as she took a sip.

"Not like I can do much in my current situation. Might as well enjoy the ride... Which begs the question of where we are going?"

"It's not too far away now, I have something to collect. Some help, much needed from people who owe me."

"Reunion? Gang leaders?"

"Correct, however, I won't say whom. But how did you guess?"

"Your tokens, it had gang members on it, or the ones left alive."

"Siracusa is a dangerous place you know. I had to do what I needed to protect us..."

"Texas I presume?"

"..."

"Way back then when you were friends. Doesn't seem right that you're only suddenly terrorizing her now."

"She's always been on my radar Y/N. But now I don't mind. I've played my cards right, everything comes full circle in the end, including her."

"I can only imagine what you mean by that."

"Don't worry," she said, her voice low. "You'll understand soon enough." And with that, she stood up, shouldered her bag, and began to walk again. Y/N followed quickly after.

________________________________

A couple of hours later Lappland and Y/N arrived at a town that was covered in snow. Lappland led Y/N through the streets, keeping a tight grip on his arm to ensure that he wouldn't run away.

"You see all these people?" Lappland said, gesturing to the locals who were walking about their daily business. "They won't help you. They won't even care if you disappear. You're just another face in the crowd."